Game Thread: LADY VOLS AT AUBURN

We had a ten point lead couldn't stand having a lead like that and came out and played the ugliest fourth quarter of all time.

Reactions: GameTime
We better hope a few other teams lose and we sneak into the NCAAT, because we sure have not earned the right to play in the NIT.
I think the LadyVols have gotten their ticket to the NCAA Tournament with 20 wins but I think they will be 22-10 going into the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
If it had went to overtime Auburn wins we turn it over probably six times in the overtime.

If it wasn’t for the men’s team, I’d say the Lady Vols are the dumbest team with the least amount of acumen and court awareness in the country.

Reactions: Tnphil
I am proud we reached the 20 win milestone. I know it shouldn’t be something to celebrate as that used to be a given. Not hitting 20 wins last year was the icing on the top of a poop cake of a season. The last negative record Holly set. Glad coach hit that mark, she has done so with far less talent on her roster as well.

Last edited:
If it wasn’t for the men’s team, I’d say the Lady Vols are the dumbest team with the least amount of acumen and court awareness in the country.
I think they are dumber than the men's team some really bonehead plays. I think they have been coached to do exactly the opposite of what they do. They just seem to have a huge learning curb.

We had a ten point lead couldn't stand having a lead like that and came out and played the ugliest fourth quarter of all time.

Remember when the team would have lost a game like this? You don’t have to look far it happened when we were 7-9 last season. This year we improved in the SEC by 3 wins to be 10-6.

Not happy or content with where we are but this above .500 feeling feels much better than last year’s.

Last edited:
Foul call was a flop, but Rennia did not have to extend her arm and allow a bad call. This foul and Horton foul almost cost them the game. Shame on Kellie for not teaching them defensive fundamentals on how not to foul especially in close games.

This team is no better fundamentally in game 29 than they were in game one. Lady Vols are a mid tier program now and the powers that are happy with that.

Reactions: Putbacks
Tennessee is absolutely limping into the postseason, but at least they're in for another year. A shame they can't get two days off at the SECT but their NCAA ticket is punched, and considering this team's significant limitations, that's going to have to be good enough.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Auburn 76
Tennessee 70

Auburn on the upswing and we seem to be slipping on defense and lack enough consistent scorers. Hope they come out aggressive, hit the boards and score. Regardless the game will probably be close.
Glad I was wrong. Was at the Kentucky - Vandy game and just looked up the box score. Turnovers 24 to 6 and we still win!

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back