Game Thread: Fla at Lady Vols; Thurs Jan 11; 7PM; SEC Network ----- Win; 88-81

You da man. Finally someone said it like it is. Thank you very much. People on this thread think a sweet 16 is a high ceiling. I like Kellie, it’s certainly not a personal thing. I’m sure she is a great mother, great wife, daughter and human being. I just think she hasn’t done enough to keep a job at a program like Tennessee.
BS,,,just bc you're new here don't assume you know what has been posted before you graced this site
MANY of us longtime posters are displeased with the early entries and I have written many timeover that E8 is minimal acceptability for this program,,,no matter who is coaching

Dan drive-by posters erk me to the crawl
No one is saying sweet sixteen is good enough. The statistic I presented of only seven programs reaching sweet sixteen the last two years and only ten programs having at least two sixteens and one round of 32 over the last three years was presented to show Kellie has us consistently back among the top programs in the country.
Lots of programs make a splash with an elite 8 one year and out in the first round the next year. Kellie is rebuilding our program for the long haul. I think an elite eight would be a great goal for this year.
I like the direction this program is moving in and I like that Kellie has continued Pat’s dna of good students athletes and good young women.
We should take pride in this program, the coaching staff and especially the young women who “wear the orange”.
People who actually know Collegiate WBB would laugh at us hearing some of the junk put out here.

Coach Lu you are talking to the proverbial
1705088854558.png

Jackson's misses on her jump shot were mostly 6-10 inches on the long side. She didn't miss short and she didn't miss side to side. She'll hone this in easily.

Tess is more troublesome, her misses are more scattered and it seems to me that she is trying to speed up her shot and I think she's overclocking it.

Good read 376
And that coincides with if she was affected by illness her brain would be affected too
As I teach shooters
Long/Short shot = mental
Left/Right shots = mechanical

Send Lawyers Guns and Money
Accidentally Like a Martyr
Mohammad's Radio
When I saw your first Zevon allusion, the last two lines of the chorus to "Lawyers, Guns, and Money" came to mind as the perfect description of the early pages of game threads.

Might also include the title lines from "Excitable Boy" and "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me. "

No one is saying sweet sixteen is good enough. The statistic I presented of only seven programs reaching sweet sixteen the last two years and only ten programs having at least two sixteens and one round of 32 over the last three years was presented to show Kellie has us consistently back among the top programs in the country.
Lots of programs make a splash with an elite 8 one year and out in the first round the next year. Kellie is rebuilding our program for the long haul. I think an elite eight would be a great goal for this year.
I like the direction this program is moving in and I like that Kellie has continued Pat’s dna of good students athletes and good young women.
We should take pride in this program, the coaching staff and especially the young women who “wear the orange”.
People who actually know Collegiate WBB would laugh at us hearing some of the junk put out here.
Lucy, you are correct. You are so much smarter than the rest of us on this thread. If you don’t believe me, you will tell me how smart you are. Wow.

BS,,,just bc you're new here don't assume you know what has been posted before you graced this site
MANY of us longtime posters are displeased with the early entries and I have written many timeover that E8 is minimal acceptability for this program,,,no matter who is coaching

Dan drive-by posters erk me to the crawl

Coach Lu you are talking to the proverbial
View attachment 609614

Good read 376
And that coincides with if she was affected by illness her brain would be affected too
As I teach shooters
Long/Short shot = mental
Left/Right shots = mechanical
I’m not new to this site jumper. I just changed my screen name. What if I was was new? So my opinions don’t matter? We should respect everyone’s opinions no matter first time posting on being on here for years. Why should jumper’s, Lucy’s or chuckiepoo’s opinion matter more? Just so y’all can like each others feel good post. Geez you bunch of girls.

Same ones that ranked us in the Top 10 the last two year? Another reason you should believe what you see and not what you’re told Lucy.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I’m not new to this site jumper. I just changed my screen name. What if I was was new? So my opinions don’t matter? We should respect everyone’s opinions no matter first time posting on being on here for years. Why should jumper’s, Lucy’s or chuckiepoo’s opinion matter more? Just so y’all can like each others feel good post. Geez you bunch of girls.

Everyone already knew you were not your new screen name ! But you just be you and keep on stirring! Enjoy yourself ..,, my last comment to you and all the other coach haters.., 😈

Same ones that ranked us in the Top 10 the last two year? Another reason you should believe what you see and not what you’re told Lucy.
We could easily be a top 10 team both years. We finished top 10 in NET last year and top 15 in rank and top 16 in country according to tournament.

I will not let our 16 injuries this year be thrown under the rug.

Those plus a brutal game stretch left us in a hole but the whole season is ahead of us.

A better question,,why can't you negavols lighten up and see the "donut instead of the hole" for once
This team played two prior games dismally for the first half
This game they didn't wait for half-time to wake up.
That is progress.

There are 3 types of posters on this site
Negavols (you, Darth)- Posters who's only goal is to see what's wrong

Posivols (777)- posters who only post rainbows and lollipops

Those two are minorities

Realistvols (me, glv, madtown, 90% of the posters)- posters who post both neg/pos but try to limit our neg bursts to those that need to be focused on... Who lived the glory days and realize they aren't now, but believe they can still be regained... Who try not to personalize our posts and try to stay within the rules of this site...In a word, "real" fans.
You’re either a fan or not, no such thing as “real fan”. You can be a fan and still see how poorly coached a team is can’t you.

I wondered what happened to Darth!

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
We could easily be a top 10 team both years. We finished top 10 in NET last year and top 15 in rank and top 16 in country according to tournament.

I will not let our 16 injuries this year be thrown under the rug.

Those plus a brutal game stretch left us in a hole but the whole season is ahead of us.
Injuries happen to everyone. Pretty healthy early on last year before Key issue, Marta “left” and RJ suspension. Believe we were already out of the top 25 before all that came to fruition.

Brutal schedule, maybe. A few of those teams were unranked at the time they beat us. Ended the year high.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Your trolling never mattered…
This is a community. Some just want to create dissension. Go for it. Most will put you on block, but I’ve got an eye on you… 😉

So, you post contentious opinions on a message board and EGAD! some people disagree with you. The sheer injustice of it all!! And then you whine and cry about not being respected and start throwing out the most ironic insults imaginable.

Actually, well done!!!!!

Your trolling never mattered…
This is a community. Some just want to create dissension. Go for it. Most will put you on block, but I’ve got an eye on you… 😉
Chuckiepoo, I would expect nothing less from you. 👍😀👏. No dissension needed. I’m just stating that the Lady Vol fans deserve better. I hope y’all prove me wrong and we win out…..Have a great weekend to all!!!

Bless his heart
Oh, and "bunch of girls" is no longer an insult,,,welcome to the 21st century

who DO people change their screen name,,,hmmm
You’re either a fan or not, no such thing as “real fan”. You can be a fan and still see how poorly coached a team is can’t you.
6 wins in a row, three hard fought against SEC...Hope she keeps coaching this poorly
I wondered what happened to Darth!
His avatar is score50,,,not IQ50
though maybe that is,,,,nm

Last edited:
Bless his heart
Oh, and "bunch of girls" is no longer an insult,,,welcome to the 21st century

6 wins in a row, three hard fought against SEC...Hope she keeps coaching this poorly

His avatar is score50,,,not IQ50
though maybe that is,,,,nm
CJ, occasionally we need to realize, this forum is a media event. I rarely rise to that level of awareness, but that just is. I really try to keep it on the light side and occasionally play devils advocate. Rarely. I prefer to raise Kellie , staff and players at every chance. It can be diifficult when they execute poorly. They seem to be trending forward!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back