Stats

TEXAS A&M

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)

1639191556012-png.419486

Go Lady Vols

Last edited:
Only way TAMU wins this is if they completely light it up from deep. They have the players to do it (Hoppie, Pitts, Nixon, Wells). They also don't have much of an inside game. If Patty/Malone can't stay out of foul trouble, then this will be over quickly.

Tennessee 63 TAMU 52

Always a tough game and they are running a four guard offense and all four can shoot the three. Their game at LSU was a battle until the very end with LSU making the plays to win in the fourth quarter. We really need to come to play with a lot of energy for forty minutes this is a big game for us. We lost the offensive rebounds to Arkansas and also the second chance points and we can't do that again to this team. They need to be one and done on every possession of the game.

Only way TAMU wins this is if they completely light it up from deep. They have the players to do it (Hoppie, Pitts, Nixon, Wells). They also don't have much of an inside game. If Patty/Malone can't stay out of foul trouble, then this will be over quickly.

Tennessee 63 TAMU 52
LVs 70 A&M 55

Always a tough game and they are running a four guard offense and all four can shoot the three. Their game at LSU was a battle until the very end with LSU making the plays to win in the fourth quarter. We really need to come to play with a lot of energy for forty minutes this is a big game for us. We lost the offensive rebounds to Arkansas and also the second chance points and we can't do that again to this team. They need to be one and done on every possession of the game.
During the Arkansas game, they were guard oriented but were physical, very aggressive and they gang rebound. In several situations they flat out mugged us. Also early in the game when we tried to match Arkansas’ physicality and intensity, we were called for fouling. When that happens, many times taller and bigger players start to become concerned about fouling out of a game and become less physical.

I think they had more offensive rebounds because they shot 30% and were beating the hell out of us to keep us from getting to the defensive rebound 😂

But seriously, i believe Kellie will address this going into the game .

Seems like I’m nervous about every game lol Kellie hasn’t beaten Gary Blair…..yet😉
walker,green,dye transfers puckett ,miles ,stripline,wynn 21 class darby suarez half this team kellys recuits. between the transfers & recuits kellys pickups are half of our minutes or more. tenn can win her players coach kelly.

If we can get a lot of minutes from this young star we can win this game by many points ....

View attachment 425851
kelly told rae if she three 's she still coming out after few minuets. tenn not going rush her back to 30 mins plus hope she has three 3s game soon and one fore unconn for sure.

Last edited:
During the Arkansas game, they were guard oriented but were physical, very aggressive and they gang rebound. In several situations they flat out mugged us. Also early in the game when we tried to match Arkansas’ physicality and intensity, we were called for fouling. When that happens, many times taller and bigger players start to become concerned about fouling out of a game and become less physical.

my turnover report for that game:
20220104_125221.jpg

Seems like I’m nervous about every game lol Kellie hasn’t beaten Gary Blair…..yet😉

It may be a very, very long time until I'm able to go into a game -- ANY game -- that I'm not just a teeny-tiny bit nervous about. I was nervous for Alabama because of that string of painful losses we had a while back. LVPTSD is no joke.

But for A&M we actually do have reason to be nervous.

Missouri beating SC and the LVs first two games are signs that there will be few if any easy games in the SEC.

Right?! All day the next day I was like, "Gee, thanks, South Carolina. As if my LVPTSD weren't bad enough, y'all just made it worse!" Ugh.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They are improving. Next obstacle will be the reintegration of Rae. Embrace change, keep working as a team, play effective defense and work on FT's. The wins are coming.
Snowfall amounts in the Greater Knoxville area on Thursday and Thurs. evening could greatly impact fan attendance and even the game itself. We'll see how UT athletic dept. reacts to this.

Snowfall amounts in the Greater Knoxville area on Thursday and Thurs. evening could greatly impact fan attendance and even the game itself. We'll see how UT athletic dept. reacts to this.

If A&M makes it to town and both teams have enough players available, toss that ball into the air and play ball! I think we all understand the probability is high that there will be postponements and cancellations ahead, so even if TBA has only the players, coaches, officials and clock operator available Thursday, they gotta get that game into the books.

Every day I check the UT site with dread, wondering if today is the day our luck runs out on the Covid cancellations. We have been so, sooooo fortunate so far. Even with players out with injuries and illness like we've had, I still feel blessed.

If A&M makes it to town and both teams have enough players available, toss that ball into the air and play ball! I think we all understand the probability is high that there will be postponements and cancellations ahead, so even if TBA has only the players, coaches, officials and clock operator available Thursday, they gotta get that game into the books.

Every day I check the UT site with dread, wondering if today is the day our luck runs out on the Covid cancellations. We have been so, sooooo fortunate so far. Even with players out with injuries and illness like we've had, I still feel blessed.

Got to agree. When a game can be played, it must be played. If nature, COVID, or player injuries results in too many cancellations, that's just the way the ball bounces. Play and qualify.

VN Store

Back