Game Thread: (7/8) Lady Vols 73 - (25/23) Texas A&M 45

Massey has us to win by 5. I believe more like 12.

Attachments

• A401034A-CC16-4CEA-9464-6D014DED71D7.jpeg
    A401034A-CC16-4CEA-9464-6D014DED71D7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I expect Blair to be bellyaching to the officials all night like Neighbors did, just less demonstrative. I don't believe he is the kindly old grandpa he wants people to believe he is.

I expect Blair to be bellyaching to the officials all night like Neighbors did, just less demonstrative. I don't believe he is the kindly old grandpa he wants people to believe he is.

the difference is home court...you have to work the refs differently (read them better) than if you are at home. At home you can demand, when you're a guest, they take the same words as complaining.

As a guest, you have to work the refs with your mind, not your emotion

I've watched three or four A&M games and Blair has been rather mild and subdued. I doubt we'll even see a fourth of the complaining we saw out of Neighbors. This game represents many of the same challenges we had at Arkansas. They are a four guard offense and will drive plus shoot the three. They have to this point had better shooters from the three averaging 42 percent from the three. Another tough game almost all SEC games are and like always must come with energy and high basketball IQ.

From the Game Notes.

The Lady Vols are one of the nation's biggest stories of 2021-22, opening up at 13-1 against one of the NCAA's toughest schedules despite losing returning starters Rae Burrell (12 games) and Marta Suárez (season) to injuries and with Jordan Horston missing three games, including those on Dec. 27 vs. Chattanooga and Dec. 30 vs. Alabama due to illness before returning against Arkansas on Sunday.

Fix the free throws and you can beat anyone in the SEC. Fix the three point shooting and you can get to the Final Four. Fix them both, and you can worry about how you'll fix the turnover problem next season as you put the NCAA tournament trophy in the trophy case.

From the UT Sports article:

"The Lady Vols, who are No. 1 nationally in field goal percentage defense, will face a second-straight team that favors the three-ball, with the Aggies ranking No. 1 in the nation in three-point field goal percentage (42.1) with 101 makes thus far."

"The Lady Vols, who are No. 1 nationally in field goal percentage defense, will face a second-straight team that favors the three-ball, with the Aggies ranking No. 1 in the nation in three-point field goal percentage (42.1) with 101 makes thus far."
…get up in a jersey, yo!

So they shoot as well from three as Tennessee shoots overall...

Courtney Lyle (play-by-play), Carolyn Peck (analyst) and Steffi Sorensen (reporter) will be on the call for the SEC Network broadcast. Mickey Dearstone will handle the play-by-play for the Vol Network.

Great crew, I really like Courtney and Carolyn.

Gotta say, I’m not missing Landers. Nikki is way easier on the eyes and she’s so smoothe. Love listening to Coach Fargas talk basketball.

We won but I didn't like our energy in the last game at Arkansas until the fourth quarter. Certainly don't want no fourth quarter come from behind tonight would like to be 15 ahead going into the last quarter that would be something new I could get used to.

We won but I didn't like our energy in the last game at Arkansas until the fourth quarter. Certainly don't want no fourth quarter come from behind tonight would like to be 15 ahead going into the last quarter that would be something new I could get used to.

Thought the 1st and 4th were both really good which has been the case lately. Gotta string together all 4 quarters. Some of our subs need to come out more quickly if they aren’t bringing it IMO. Put the starter back in for even just a minute and let them think with ZERO communication about why they came out. Then stick them right back out there.

My coach used to do that if you weren’t bringing the energy needed off the bench. Not a word was said but you knew he was going to give you a moment to collect yourself and think about it. Then when you went back in you had better bring it. Especially on defense.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back