Game Thread: (5/6) Lady Vols 65 - Vanderbilt 51

Interesting because Kellie and Shea have been opponents previously.

From UT Sports Hoops Central:

"The duo's careers at UT and UConn overlapped from 1996-97 to 1998-99, with Harper (then known as Kellie Jolly) helping lead UT to the second and third of three-straight NCAA titles in 1997 and 1998, while Ralph contributed to a UConn crown in 1999-2000 after Harper had graduated. Harper was 4-2 as a player vs. UConn, including 3-1 in games when both were on the rosters of the respective programs."
kelly had big night 97 ncaa turnment everytime made a run. jolly hit three or drive in for a layup. she uconn # that night.

FYI Vandy, in its infinite wisdom, has banned students from attending this game. But they're still selling the tickets, so if you're a fan in the area thinking of going, plenty of good seats available. It would be great to fill the gym with orange...
Yes and also have to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID test. My wife looked but did not mention mask requirement. We live in middle Tennessee and will be at the game.

Take some pepto bismol for that gut.
According to the UT website, proof of vaccination against Covid-19 or an negative antigen test for anyone 12 years or older is required to enter the Vanderbilt Memorial Coliseum. And wearing of masks is strongly urged. Wish the same requirements were enforced at Thompson-Boling Arena.

According to the UT website, proof of vaccination against Covid-19 or an negative antigen test for anyone 12 years or older is required to enter the Vanderbilt Memorial Coliseum. And wearing of masks is strongly urged. Wish the same requirements were enforced at Thompson-Boling Arena.

madtown jr!

Since when does personal medical history,have to become public knowledge??

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Going to a sporting event etc. is a privilege not a right.
I wish I knew more about how folks with tuberculosis were treated in the early 1900s. I almost think if you were diagnosed you had to go to a sanitarium. I could be totally wrong about that.

Going to a sporting event etc. is a privilege not a right.
I wish I knew more about how folks with tuberculosis were treated in the early 1900s. I almost think if you were diagnosed you had to go to a sanitarium. I could be totally wrong about that.
No you're right. I'm not quite old enough to remember the early 1900s, but as a kid in the 1960s I remember "TB Hospitals" or "Sanitoriums". They were old and dilapidated and scary at that point, but definitely had been in use. Not sure if people w TB were forced into them but they existed. My great grandmother, an Irish immigrant, died of TB in the 1920s but she died at home.
Since people started going to school, traveling internationally, joining the military . . . Basically since people started doing activities where they mingled closely with others who may catch a disease from them.

VN Store

Back