Game Thread: (4/5) Lady Vols 61 - Auburn 71

This was a TERRIBLE LOSS! We deserve this loss and honestly GOOD! I am one of the biggest LV fans on this board but we can NOT play like this! we just can't!

I have been tooting their horn but i am also gonna let it be known when we played terrible and we sucked!

Now how do you bounce back from this i have no clue but 1. can't let this loss become a spiral and 2. we have to come out like we are pissed on SUNDAY.

Kellie you know what you're doing but let's go we can't have another slip!

I know the trolls will be out so i'll say it 18-2 and we have some work to do. I can only imagine those that have been hiding in a hole how they will come out in force😂

Anyways GO LVs... GET BETTER! We have work to do and we can still make this season special!

I'm disgusted. The team played poorly, but Kellie lost this game in the first quarter with her substitution patterns when they were ahead 17-7 and not calling timeouts when appropriate throughout the game. Is what it is, but this really sucks. How does a number 4 ranked team lose to a team that hasn't won a game in the SEC? Overconfidence by both the players and the coaching staff. Hopefully, this makes them hungrier.......

Well when they opted for the wholesale subbing in 1st Q. I thought what, then I said this will be good experience for these players. I had fell in the trap at looking at Auburns 0 wins in SEC too. Thinking this is a good game to experiment, then all H3ll breaks loose.

Well we did not take them serious and we got our butts beat. We did find out one thing all teams should be played as if they are the beat. Tonight was a good lesson which I hope we have learned well. Not only for the players but for the coaches as well. This was awful!!!
This team hopefully will learn from this, but we shouldn’t have to be taught to come out and play with passion every game. Good teams, for the most, just don’t lose to teams like this.

Thats where injuries hurt us though. You can’t play your starting 5 for all 40 minutes. You have to sub in. What surprised me was the immediate sub in of Emily when Key picked up foul #1. The game changed immediately and by the time Key was back in, Auburn‘s confidence was sky high. They couldn’t miss at that point.
Yep but you do not put 4 subs in at the same time was my point and it turned the game around in a hurry ....fact is imo it lost the game.

Wow I am just shellshocked. This is not even close to being an acceptable loss.

We have UCONN and SC to worry about and yet we can’t team on a 23 game losing streak in the conference.

We have been surviving seemingly all year which has always concerned be. I thought we had turned a corner this past month and were looking like a contender at long last.

This does more than shatter that.

Why TOs haven’t been fixed are a grave concern.

KJH has earned the right for leeway but she better get this fixed in a hurry.

Disgusting loss.

Theres a thin line between being liked by your team and letting them coast when they need to be preparing. We obviously overlooked auburn tonight and couldn't even get it together long enough to pull this one out. Hopefully this was just a one off.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
100%. Y’all are too much. This is a bad loss but this team is special. Gotta figure out how to get better without Keyen but they’ll bounce back.

i don’t think it’s possible to overreact too much to this loss. This is one of the worst losses in program history (on paper). The talent disparity between these teams is ridiculous.

I'm disgusted. The team played poorly, but Kellie lost this game in the first quarter with her substitution patterns 17-7 and not calling timeouts when appropriate throughout the game. Is what it is, but this really sucks. How does a number 4 ranked team lose to a team that hasn't won a game in the SEC? Over confidence by both the players and the coaching staff. Hopefully, this makes them hungrier.......

i think it will and i'm SUPER disgusted! kellie needs to sit her and her coaching staff down and say WTF , look herself in the mirror, and get better. PERIOD!

I hope she realizes she needs to shorten her bench some and extend Sara's minutes some! We can go about 7-8 deep and Kellie just needs to except that.

Ugh, annoying and im hoping this hurts, stings, and fuels them! I also hope Keyen digs in their butts!

All sorts of ESPN push button notifications for this game. So great of them.

The mistake people make is thinking ESPN is some kind of friendly outfit. They're not. They peddle sports but spotlight shock to get attention. That means upsets, fights, controversies, you name it. This one is definitely one of the biggest upsets of the year in the sport.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's Key or CKH, but our 6'6" center has the ability to dominate on offense and somehow this fact is lost on one or the other (or both).

Reactions: chuckiepoo
i don’t think it’s possible to overreact too much to this loss. This is one of the worst losses in program history (on paper). The talent disparity between these teams is ridiculous.

No there is overreacting... go check twitter 😂people saying we won't make the tourney 😂 i don't care how loss this bad is we not missing the tourney.

Reactions: travis929
A very good Arkansas team up next, followed by a road trip to UConn.

Any chance at a #1 seed lives and dies with those two games - and that's just to start. After tonight, I'm not sure if it's in the cards anymore. Probably headed for a 3 or 4.

Maybe the coaches and players can talk about TO next practice instead of high fiving or just saying my bad everytime. And out of all the games for it to matter was against Auburn? Embarrassing.
Will the post game celebration be shown this time? I'd love to see this one. To say I am pissed after this loss is an understatement. Green or no Green this should have never been a loss. No Striplin? Was she hurt too? Darby and Saunders looked pitiful out there and not D1. At least Walker and Horston tried.

VN Store

Back