Game Thread: (4/5) Lady Vols 61 - Auburn 71

I had hoped and thought this program was getting some of that historical swagger back. This is not the end all…but tonight is a huge step backwards in that process. This is a real head scratcher.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
These players have never been ripped or benched for mistakes, therefor careless play is not a concern of theirs. Holly wouldn’t hold them accountable, and now I’m worried that we have another coach that won’t either. I am a huge Lady Vol fan but several years of watching careless turnovers and bad shots, without accountability, has this fan frustrated!

I agree. I am sure they coach to take care of the ball but whatever they do is not working. Being last in SEC in turnovers is bad. Kinda remarkable we have only lost once. Obviously against talented and well coached teams we get beat because we do not value the basketball.

Reactions: TN1111
So dramatic. In program history?? Lolol
Yes. As I said “one” of the worst. Losing to the worst team in the SEC who has lost 23 games in a row! That’s about as bad as it gets. Especially when you’re the fourth ranked team in the country.

This was a TERRIBLE LOSS! We deserve this loss and honestly GOOD! I am one of the biggest LV fans on this board but we can NOT play like this! we just can't!

I have been tooting their horn but i am also gonna let it be known when we played terrible and we sucked!

Now how do you bounce back from this i have no clue but 1. can't let this loss become a spiral and 2. we have to come out like we are pissed on SUNDAY.

Kellie you know what you're doing but let's go we can't have another slip!

I know the trolls will be out so i'll say it 18-2 and we have some work to do. I can only imagine those that have been hiding in a hole how they will come out in force😂

Anyways GO LVs... GET BETTER! We have work to do and we can still make this season special!

I've heard of letting a #1 ranking go to your head, but a #1 seed? Goodness. That's the end of that talk I figure.

This is going to be a bad loss, no doubt. But it's just one Q2 loss, which isn't the end of the world in terms of NET rankings and seeding. If Tennessee beats UConn/loses only one more SEC game (South Carolina?), a #1 seed is still certainly in the cards.

Much more concerning is that this roster is looking rough without Green, which will have to be figured out well in advance of Monday.

Reactions: travis929
We turned back into a pumpkin again it seems. We just came out and got outplayed as AU wanted it more. Tired of losing to Auburn in BB

I love Rae but when I think of this game I think of the bad turnover to end the half that resulted in a four point swing and the turnover in the 4th quarter when she dribbled off her leg. I think the girls were starting to believe their own hype and hopefully this brings them back down to earth and back to basics. Sometimes an embarrassing loss during the regular season can be the best thing to happen in the long run.

VN Store

Back