Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #RV/RV LSU

unless the players were less than 100% healthy and there seems to be some hint of that.

As fans around the globe tuned in, news broke that Michael Jordan was suffering from “flu-like symptoms” and was extremely sick, but would attempt to play in the game anyway. Not only did Jordan play in the game but he played 44 minutes, scoring 38 points, despite being visibly affected by the sickness.

As fans around the globe tuned in, news broke that Michael Jordan was suffering from “flu-like symptoms” and was extremely sick, but would attempt to play in the game anyway. Not only did Jordan play in the game but he played 44 minutes, scoring 38 points, despite being visibly affected by the sickness.
Yes, we all know the story. Blah, Blah, Blah. We are talking young women here and they have more to concentrate on than basketball, contrary to what most on here believe. Apples vs oranges.

Yes, we all know the story. Blah, Blah, Blah. We are talking young women here and they have more to concentrate on than basketball, contrary to what most on here believe. Apples vs oranges.

Basketball players,,athletes,,,oranges and oranges
Just younger oranges

Indeed, we are talking about arguably the greatest player who EVER stepped on the hardwood and who summed up a superhuman effort during a play-off game. That is a one-off exemplar. Jordan also had some bad games when he was ill over the course of his career. Among the ranks of NBA players, they routinely miss games due to illness or have subpar performances when fighting a bug. For the record, i don't think illness is why the LVs got outplayed but it sure did not help matters any.

Indeed, we are talking about arguably the greatest player who EVER stepped on the hardwood and who summed up a superhuman effort during a play-off game. That is a one-off exemplar. Jordan also had some bad games when he was ill over the course of his career. Among the ranks of NBA players, they routinely miss games due to illness or have subpar performances when fighting a bug. For the record, i don't think illness is why the LVs got outplayed but it sure did not help matters any.

I am with you on all thoughts here

Reactions: krichunaka
For the record, Jordan's legendary flu game was actually "the food poisoning" game:

Flu Game? Trainer says MJ had bad pizza

Jordan ate tainted pizza the night before and suffered the consequences. This difference matters because food poisoning, while making you feel awful, does not generate the deep muscle weakness that flu does (i.e. the flu virus generate chemical changes that weaken muscles and reduce their functionality among many other nasty effects-- flu is no joke, get your flu shot!!!

What the flu does to your body, and why it makes you feel so awful

Reactions: lvocd
Quickness is what killed us. We weren't quick enough. People that haven't had a dose of what's going around don't understand what this one is like. If and I say if any players had it last week, they were lucky to be on the floor at all much less keep up with healthy, smaller players. Comparing a pro athlete and one of the greatest, if not the greatest of all time to some college age women is just completely silly.

Quickness is what killed us. We weren't quick enough. People that haven't had a dose of what's going around don't understand what this one is like. If and I say if any players had it last week, they were lucky to be on the floor at all much less keep up with healthy, smaller players. Comparing a pro athlete and one of the greatest, if not the greatest of all time to some college age women is just completely silly.

She had a quick first step because she used setup moves,,,ball fakes, ball-swings,,pump fakes.
We didn't

And let's drop the other subject unless you are just looking to get an argument out of me

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty convenient excuse, let's go with that...
Didn't know anyone was looking for an excuse. Most are just trying to figure why the team performed so badly last night. If there was an illness going around it would make some sense as to how they played. If there was no illness, then they just flat out sucked last night. I'm not really sure why you have to be an ass most of the time but that's O.K. by me. Everyone always know where you stand anyway so I'm not sure why you bother.

Pointer schooled us because she went to school
Trasi just got hot..she had bad form,,,just got too many open looks and hit them

Reactions: stlvolsfan
You have to practice moves in combinations
  • left jab-step/recoil/ball-swing,,,attack
  • up-fake/jab-step/attack
  • 360 swing/to a ball-swing/jab left,,,attack
A coach has to go into a practice with a set of ten different one-on-one combination series and have the player execute them before drives

I am fed up with this"good enough" mentality forming here
This is UT
The program that Pat Summitt built
She had a fire in her and it burns in me too
If you can't take the heat, get out of my furnace

Look to the left
See that dog, Smokey
That stare
It still exists and it ain't going away
I just pray and hope that if this program goes any further South, that Administration will do the right thing instead of waiting 7 years. I love KJH but if it isn’t working, no matter how much we love her, we have to think about the house that Pat built. Right now it is in need of serious repair.

I just pray and hope that if this program goes any further South, that Administration will do the right thing instead of waiting 7 years. I love KJH but if it isn’t working, no matter how much we love her, we have to think about the house that Pat built. Right now it is in need of serious repair.

We'll find out this summer

We'll find out this summer
I think that KJH should be given a chance to recruit her own players. Just because she inherited a few5-Stars does not mean that they have the ability to follow her plan. Right now we really do not have a leader on the floor, the closest leader on the floor, without green, is Brown. KJH might have to use the portal and graduate players to find players with fire, aggressiveness and physicality. Right now we really do not have that. We should have beaten LSU, they ran over us like a freight train. Little guards out rebounded us, because we didn’t block out, we were not physical enough and we acted like our shoes were nailed to the floor. Not trying to dump on KJH but at this point of the season some of this stuff should have been corrected. We just seem to be headed South.

I think that KJH should be given a chance to recruit her own players. Just because she inherited a few5-Stars does not mean that they have the ability to follow her plan. Right now we really do not have a leader on the floor, the closest leader on the floor, without green, is Brown. KJH might have to use the portal and graduate players to find players with fire, aggressiveness and physicality. Right now we really do not have that. We should have beaten LSU, they ran over us like a freight train. Little guards out rebounded us, because we didn’t block out, we were not physical enough and we acted like our shoes were nailed to the floor. Not trying to dump on KJH but at this point of the season some of this stuff should have been corrected. We just seem to be headed South.

No argument from me on that one TD

Good post coach Jumper. Today is a new day.
I sincerely hope that there is no bad chemistry
between the players and coaches. Maybe
just a general letdown between all concerned.
I just put this game as a major disappointment for all of us fans. Hopefully the team can be energized for the next game.
This team is better then last year by simply betting teams we should beat. However this team is not very good.

Reactions: 1reVOLver

VN Store

Back