Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #RV/RV LSU

They read these posts.
I know this!
I want Teoni here. Playing alongside Big sis.

We can't give up on this team guys

They have played some excellent ball and will play some more excellent ball
But only if they believe in themselves,,,and that starts with Coach K and us fans
I think Teonni & Tamari would be awesome together in orange! I’ve watched game film of them playing together & it’s awesome to watch. Teonni is amazingly versatile and moves with ease up and down the court. Their mom would probably love it as well as it would be great to be able to travel to one game to watch both!

See? That’s what we need! A true pace setter! I mean it’s great that we’ve got the tallest team and all but we need true point guard quickness.

Until then, lets get Jordan back to what she was doing early on, and Jaz, and Rennia, and Rae...all of them were much better early on...corralling the mighty-mites

somewhere long the way they forgot how to do this
the right words will get them back to doing it

Until then, lets get Jordan back to what she was doing early on, and Jaz, and Rennia, and Rae...all of them were much better early on...corralling the mighty-mites

somewhere long the way they forgot how to do this
the right words will get them back to doing it
It breaks my heart to see them this way. Adopt that killer instinct.

You’re the troll.
Okay, then I am the most positive troll to ever invade this board.
1. While this is certainly not a good loss, it is this first loss of the year to a team we probably should have beaten.
2. Opining on team chemistry, attitudes etc. based on tonight’s “body language” is ridiculous. They are rightfully frustrated. They lost their last two. I’m sure practice was no fun this last week and we have two freshmen who have probably hit the wall. They are going to have to learn to play through the rough spots. It sure does not mean they don’t care or aren’t trying.
3. We do have some holes to fill in our roster like a really quick shut down defender. This actuality does not mean running the kids we do have down is acceptable.
4. No one, I mean no one on this board has any idea where Teoni Key is going. She probably has no idea where she is going. Saying she is not coming to UT does nothing but throw everyone into unnecessary panic.
5. Did anyone reasonably think we were going to be a 23-24 win team this year after losing Zaye? 20 wins looked about right and I still think that is about where we end up.
6. Our Freshmen are going to be excellent players for us. They have had a lot of pressure put on their young shoulders this year. (They may even be a little homesick or struggling with classes etc, etc.) I am sure Kellie is mindful of this and trying to be supportive and encouraging while working to improve their games. A few folks on here have been pretty vicious about them. I just don’t get that.
7. How are there even posts saying Kellie is a horrible coach, we will “give” her one more year. Check back in about four years and we will know what we have.
8. My prediction is top 15 next year if we don’t have any devastating injuries.

Be of good faith fellow Lady Vol fans. There will be setbacks but our trajectory is good.

Whew, putting my soap box away now.

Softening the blow of this disappointing loss are all of the amazing posts encouraging our players to leave early or to transfer elsewhere.

Truer fans can be found nowhere else in the land.

Yeah this is one of the oddest threads I've seen in a while. I would have sworn we were playing with a bunch of freshmen and sophs this season, I must have been mistaken.

We weren't??
Kelly actually got a roster of talent..a lot of talent. Dawn had absolutely no talent on the roster she inherited and it took a few years to get enough talent to start winning. In Kelly's defense this team is not "her" talent...meaning she needs players that can run "her" system....not Holly's. I think the year has gone as planned to this point. The expectations were raised by sweeping through a softer than usual schedule. I am sure that this team has progressed in steps but not leaps like everyone was thinking. This year should have been a "lets see" year anyway. Tennessee will make the NCAA's and go from there.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
If we win 2 more games, we will be a lock for the NCAA. I am not sure but I think if we go winless the rest of the year, we will have the same SEC record as last year, but we were lucky to get an NCAA bid last year.
Preseason I think we were predicted that we would finish 6th in the SEC and it still looks likely that we will finish somewhere from fourth to sixth.
Kellie will be here at least 2 more years so try to keep somewhat of an open mind about her for now.
Our players for the most part have a lot of potential but they need to develop that potential into consistent strong performance. We have seen flashes of that level of performance but sometimes it takes a couple years, if ever, to develop it into consistent performance. To maximize their potential takes coaching, strong desire, and a lot of hard work, and maybe a little luck.
For me, this season is turning out pretty much as expected. IMO better team play than last year but young players need work to do to reach their potential, and we are missing a couple pieces of the puzzle to be a top 10 team.

Okay, then I am the most positive troll to ever invade this board.
1. While this is certainly not a good loss, it is this first loss of the year to a team we probably should have beaten.
2. Opining on team chemistry, attitudes etc. based on tonight’s “body language” is ridiculous. They are rightfully frustrated. They lost their last two. I’m sure practice was no fun this last week and we have two freshmen who have probably hit the wall. They are going to have to learn to play through the rough spots. It sure does not mean they don’t care or aren’t trying.
3. We do have some holes to fill in our roster like a really quick shut down defender. This actuality does not mean running the kids we do have down is acceptable.
4. No one, I mean no one on this board has any idea where Teoni Key is going. She probably has no idea where she is going. Saying she is not coming to UT does nothing but throw everyone into unnecessary panic.
5. Did anyone reasonably think we were going to be a 23-24 win team this year after losing Zaye? 20 wins looked about right and I still think that is about where we end up.
6. Our Freshmen are going to be excellent players for us. They have had a lot of pressure put on their young shoulders this year. (They may even be a little homesick or struggling with classes etc, etc.) I am sure Kellie is mindful of this and trying to be supportive and encouraging while working to improve their games. A few folks on here have been pretty vicious about them. I just don’t get that.
7. How are there even posts saying Kellie is a horrible coach, we will “give” her one more year. Check back in about four years and we will know what we have.
8. My prediction is top 15 next year if we don’t have any devastating injuries.

Be of good faith fellow Lady Vol fans. There will be setbacks but our trajectory is good.

Whew, putting my soap box away now.

You are not a troll to me.

Reactions: Benionsopinion
If we win 2 more games, we will be a lock for the NCAA. I am not sure but I think if we go winless the rest of the year, we will have the same SEC record as last year, but we were lucky to get an NCAA bid last year.
Preseason I think we were predicted that we would finish 6th in the SEC and it still looks likely that we will finish somewhere from fourth to sixth.
Kellie will be here at least 2 more years so try to keep somewhat of an open mind about her for now.
Our players for the most part have a lot of potential but they need to develop that potential into consistent strong performance. We have seen flashes of that level of performance but sometimes it takes a couple years, if ever, to develop it into consistent performance. To maximize their potential takes coaching, strong desire, and a lot of hard work, and maybe a little luck.
For me, this season is turning out pretty much as expected. IMO better team play than last year but young players need work to do to reach their potential, and we are missing a couple pieces of the puzzle to be a top 10 team.

After a good sleep, things are clearer to me.

Kellie will grow, just as the team will grow
not at our pace
they HAVE grown and they will suffer setbacks and step-backs

They need our support now more than ever

They have mine!

This was the first game where I was truly disappointed in the team and coaching staff. Everyone has a stinker and I hope this was ours. That doesn't mean we will win every game from here on out, it means I hope we play like a team that is confident and getting better. We were neither last night. There was too much waiting on Davis to do something. Energy was a definite issue. We saw one spurt of energy in the second half and that was it. Nothing sustainable. Time to snap and clear. Can't win a game that's already been lost. Let's go get the next one to make up for this one.

I'll just say evidently the coaches definitely have a problem with players understanding what they need to do in games. 24 games in not going to happen this season it appears. No reason to lose to a team which according to any rating system would be considered less talented. The low IQ play that we saw from Tennessee last night is a culture that has been going on for several years now. I know a huge part of the problem is no senior leadership and evidently the ability of the coaches to get every player on the same page. Some players were just totally out of synch last night made bundles of mental mistakes on defense. I guess the learning curve is to much for some of them in just one season. I guess it takes more than one season to learn the new system which has been evident in other programs as well. Geno, Dawn, Vic, almost everyone has needed more than one season to change the culture and get on the right track. I know most fans didn't want to take a big step back we wanted to be there this season. Patience has to be something we give this coach looking like this may be a three year deal at least that is where we've sunk to in the last several seasons. Hopefully it all works out in the end certainly have to allow the time necessary to get it done.

And in a few cases that’s insulting to mid-major kids lol. There are some talented players at the mid-major schools these days. We are short staffed in bench talent for sure. I feel like they try hard, but are just outmatched.
They our. Losing Mi Mi and Westbrook and Zaye getting hurt. Kellie has a major rebuild of roster all the while trying to implement her way of playing the game

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back