Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #RV/RV LSU

images

I love this team. I would love to see the desire to win reflected in their overall effort. It makes me sad to see them this way.

Same old thing from Lady Vols. No improvement at all this year since game 1 in their over all play. I thought we would be seeing a more team oriented game from them. To many turnovers and mind lapses. Hey but theres next year.

Reactions: Putbacks
This team needs visual/vocal leadership on the floor,,,that is ALL

Rennia is a great leader by example, but you have to have a powerful presence on the floor (Pointer, Trasi)

It is a must for their next step in growth.
Ya'll are all about the symbolic stuff and the trite ole tricks. I'd rather see someone who can hit shots rather than point, yell and chest bump on the floor. I rather have another guard besides Jaz with a positive a/t.o ratio than to have a timely time out called. I'd rather have a post player who could jump high enough to have a pizza slid under her feet than coach yell in players face.

Alot of side show issues could be fixed with either the development of or the recruitment of some more skills.

Reactions: olddog and Prophet1
Everyone is going after the player and we should. But also this coaching of KJH has been awful to. No post player coach on the staff and don`t say her husband John because he is not.

Reactions: Tnphil
Even if she doesn’t play their guard play is still significantly better than ours. I think that is going to be a tough get whether she plays or not. Probably a close loss if she doesn’t play. Could be a very bad one if she does. I hate to predict negativity, but our defense has sucked the last couple games.
It’s games like these, where I think we will get murdered where we end up playing our best. Who knows.

Reactions: VolBall09
We do? We have one really good player Davis with Green out. Now I will give you the upside of our two Freshmen I believe both will turn a corner next year just need a good offseason. After this Jazz and Rae our alright. SEC level but not what our program is used too.

This team looked unstoppable in the early point of the UCONN game and SC game
We have the right players!

Reactions: Lucy
For all we know, it could easily be that the players are in the early stages of the flu. As much close contact as teammates have with one another on a daily basis, I’d be shocked if noone else ends up with what Davis had. Not sure what the incubation period after exposure to someone who is still in the contagious period...
Could be and with all the pressure on them and a long season maybe they have run out of gas. Hope they can hold on.

Ya'll are all about the symbolic stuff and the trite ole tricks. I'd rather see someone who can hit shots rather than point, yell and chest bump on the floor. I rather have another guard besides Jaz with a positive a/t.o ratio than to have a timely time out called. I'd rather have a post player who could jump high enough to have a pizza slid under her feet than coach yell in players face.

Alot of side show issues could be fixed with either the development of or the recruitment of some more skills.

Shall I break out Foghorn Leghorn again?

How many stars did Pointer have coming out of high school she put up 24 points got 10 rebounds and 6 assists. That is what you want out of a player she delivered. The big difference was Trasi 3 point shooting her five threes did us in.

Then why is so many talking about we may be looking to grab some Grad transfers during the off season. Cause if we have the right players they sure aren't playing right.
I don’t claim to know the full range of deficiencies on this team and staff, but I believe most of us on here have watched enough basketball over the years to recognize good basketball when we see it.

I’ve watched a ton of games where the underdog is not near as talented as the team they are up against, yet the lack of 4 & 5* players doesn’t automatically translate into 18 turnovers a game or no sense of an actual offense in the half court.

Watch almost any of our games including those against inferior talent and there‘s only a handful of times during those games where we look like we know what we’re doing especially on offense. Most of the time it’s ugly desperate heaves at the basket hoping for rebounds and put backs.

We just don’t look very well coached (yet, but holding out hope).

Didn't get to see the game but have read thru most of the thread. I haven't seen anything about turnovers? Does that mean we have improved on that front or just fell behind worse on others?

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
SIgh,,,I am going to take my own advice and leave now.
I hate to
I will sit and watch TV and wonder who is attacking whom

But I must or I will ,,, Oh forget it

Come on Lady VOls, bounce back against TAMU

G'nite all

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
Didn't get to see the game but have read thru most of the thread. I haven't seen anything about turnovers? Does that mean we have improved on that front or just fell behind worse on others?

We had fewer for certain, but we were playing VERY passive and cautious. What we gained in possessions we lost in aggressive mentality.

Horston still had 5 and didn’t respond how you might have liked coming off the bench.

God, it's so simple! You too can be an SEC coach, just yell at em, "light a fire under em", get in someone's face!. Wonder how, after 15 seasons of D1 coaching KJH managed to avoid this simple solution! Someone tell her! Make em do their own laundry, kick em out of the locker room, that's all it takes.

Are you kidding? Ever watch an LV game the last two years? This energy level for Davis could light the Con Edison grid compared to her earlier career. She is absolutely the ONLY LV who consistently scores. She did so tonight just after her scary bout of Coronavirus (hey I can make up fake news too!) She is 10x the player she was last year.

Also, I doubt leaving for the pros will be an option for her. She's not quite ready, but sure will be after next year.
She is ready. One more year of college ball will not make her better. Hope she stays for the teams sake but maybe it’s time to fly.

I don’t claim to know the full range of deficiencies on this team and staff, but I believe most of us on here have watched enough basketball over the years to recognize good basketball when we see it.

I’ve watched a ton of games where the underdog is not near as talented as the team they are up against, yet the lack of 4 & 5* players doesn’t automatically translate into 18 turnovers a game or no sense of an actual offense in the half court.

Watch almost any of our games including those against inferior talent and there‘s only a handful of times during those games where we look like we know what we’re doing especially on offense. Most of the time it’s ugly desperate heaves at the basket hoping for rebounds and put backs.

We just don’t look very well coached (yet, but holding out hope).
I saw it from the very beginning tonight we looked confused were making some huge mistakes on defense never corrected them. We always get out hustled for the ball so wasn't to concerned about most of that. What really concerned me is players giving up easy shots because they were making the wrong decision of who to guard. We were totally ignoring their best three point shooter she was getting wide open looks. The defense had been the thing that had looked the best this season and then this flat effort put it all back on the drawing board.

VN Store

Back