Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #RV/RV LSU

I have a couple observation
1.Coach Harper's in over her head
2.Davis has low energy bad body language it brings down the the squad it may be a good idea for her to leave a year early for the draft.
3.KK shouldn't be getting playing time

Grrrrr

Davis is our best player and has played her butt off all year and given her all. This is blasphemy.

Thanks for saying nicely,, what I was about to say a little harsher

At this point they look like a rec league. Anyone can look like a star in a blow out game but what I notice is the consistency of the star quality being carried over to the tougher games as well. I’m just not seeing much of positive consistency out of anyone except RD.

Reactions: SandyO
God, it's so simple! You too can be an SEC coach, just yell at em, "light a fire under em", get in someone's face!. Wonder how, after 15 seasons of D1 coaching KJH managed to avoid this simple solution! Someone tell her! Make em do their own laundry, kick em out of the locker room, that's all it takes.

2.Davis has low energy bad body language it brings down the the squad it may be a good idea for her to leave a year early for the draft
Are you kidding? Ever watch an LV game the last two years? This energy level for Davis could light the Con Edison grid compared to her earlier career. She is absolutely the ONLY LV who consistently scores. She did so tonight just after her scary bout of Coronavirus (hey I can make up fake news too!) She is 10x the player she was last year.

Also, I doubt leaving for the pros will be an option for her. She's not quite ready, but sure will be after next year.

No we don't. We have the right players
We do? We have one really good player Davis with Green out. Now I will give you the upside of our two Freshmen I believe both will turn a corner next year just need a good offseason. After this Jazz and Rae our alright. SEC level but not what our program is used too.

Reactions: Lucy
We do? We have one really good player Davis with Green out. Now I will give you the upside of our two Freshmen I believe both will turn a corner next year just need a good offseason. After this Jazz and Rae our alright. SEC level but not what our program is used too.

They're ready now!

I doubt anybody on here knows who is going where. We'll find out soon enough. I suspect a lot of players will start committing in the next few weeks. April is not that far away players will make decisions.

Reactions: Voltopia
They're ready now!
No they our not ready. Under Pat's and even Holly's first couple of teams they would be depth players getting a chance to grow. But we have no other options so they our having to play. Just because JH was top 5 player in high school doesn't mean she is ready now.

I have a couple observation
1.Coach Harper's in over her head
2.Davis has low energy bad body language it brings down the the squad it may be a good idea for her to leave a year early for the draft.
3.KK shouldn't be getting playing time
I agree with 1 and 3 but not 2. I think Davis gets frustrated sometimes playing with players with less athleticism and talent but she is never mean or disrespectful. I pray she stays next year.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Does anyone know why Emily Saunders get no playing time. Early in the season she looked as good as Key during her limited time. I was just wondering if something else was going on.
No one knows, but my guess is that the coaches don't think she is good enough right now to play in the SEC when the game is still winnable. I know that is a harsh thing to say, but has to be true she never sees any action so I have to assume they think she can't get it done.

Reactions: Woodsey52
I was just happy to see Rennia back & healthy. The flu this year is no joke. She’s out bright light for sure. If we could’ve seen the same hustle and determination from Rae that we saw last game, tonight’s outcome would’ve been very different. But I agree with a previous poster who said the girls are in close quarters most of the time and could possibly be feeling fluish as well.

This team needs visual/vocal leadership on the floor,,,that is ALL

Rennia is a great leader by example, but you have to have a powerful presence on the floor (Pointer, Trasi)

It is a must for their next step in growth.

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
I see Chenedy Carter is playing some tonight, which doesn't bode well if we can't even stop Pointer.

Even if she doesn’t play their guard play is still significantly better than ours. I think that is going to be a tough get whether she plays or not. Probably a close loss if she doesn’t play. Could be a very bad one if she does. I hate to predict negativity, but our defense has sucked the last couple games.

Trying to trap a guard like Pointer on the other side of the half-court line is death,,,You must wait until she crosses mid court and has no back-space

2-3 defense is for strong post play,,,3-2 is for strong outside shooting,,,2-1-2 is for penetrating guards

Positives: We know how to get 2-for-1s at the end of quarters, unlike Holly's teams.

Negatives: Tall girls playing a passive zone morphs into tall girls getting beat off the dribble time and again in the man-to-man. Tall girls constantly losing 50-50 balls to smaller girls.

I think Pointer just made another layup.

Our players will have nightmares of Pointer making them look bad on the dribble. It is a wonder we do not have several players with broken ankles.

Reactions: Coach Jumper

VN Store

Back