Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #RV/RV LSU

Well everyone had a bad night except Jaz, who had only an average one due to poor shooting, and Davis who had a valiant effort. A little from Lou first quarter than she went MIA. Rest brought zero, including coaching whose last good move was starting Rae over Jordan. Poor defensive coaching obviously, too much open border subbing, no effective adjustments, poor team mindset going in.

It is discouraging obviously to lay such an egg in such an important game. But I don't think its because anyone didn't give a damn or anyone enjoys losing. Apparently we're still capable of stinking up the place, but I swear I still have hope someday relatively soon, maybe next year, they'll play decent more often than not. With these players and this coach.

It was always an unknown how long it would take to shake the effects of the last few seasons. Apparently recovery is going to be awhile longer.
If one lays an egg then that makes them productive.

Reactions: glv98
The problem is that is isn’t obvious that Kellie has made the team any better than they were under Holly. If they can’t upset TAMU or Arkansas, it’ll be a nervous selection show. And Kellie would lose a lot of credibility in recruiting if this became the first ever LV team to miss the NCAAT.

If we don’t win either of those games there will be no selection show.

Reactions: olddog
You really can't say were less talented than LSU and you can see other than one center who was in foul trouble they are smaller. So very hard to understand how we get beat on the boards and out hustled for the ball so often inside. Certainly have to give Kellie the opportunity to get her own players in here, but this is not what we need to see in two more seasons. I don't think we should be seeing it now, but I will concede patience to the ones that think we doing well.

I have a couple observation
1.Coach Harper's in over her head
2.Davis has low energy bad body language it brings down the the squad it may be a good idea for her to leave a year early for the draft.
3.KK shouldn't be getting playing time

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
Plus UT is likely an 8 seed at best so playing a #1 seed or #2 seed 2nd round will be a short postseason again.

You really have to wonder what is going on when the team as a whole is shooting 29 percent from the three and we fail to guard closely the one girl that is shooting in the thirties. I want to make sense of what we did tonight and I can't.

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
so, five games to go...they're all doable...we'll see...but, as always and forevermove...

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I don’t think UT would or should accept a WNIT bid.

I think they would and should. We aren’t the same program as before. If you have a chance to get a young team more games and tournament experience you should take it. Not like we’re looking ahead to next year knowing we could be in the Final Four. Heck if they don’t turn it around we may never make the tournament again. When you play like this people aren’t beating your door down to play at your school. At least not if they want to win.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
You really have to wonder what is going on when the team as a whole is shooting 29 percent from the three and we fail to guard closely the one girl that is shooting in the thirties. I want to make sense of what we did tonight and I can't.

internal team conflict (ITC)...happens sometimes in the first year of a new coach trying to change a culture of a program...:D

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Volfan2012
Horston has regressed since 1st of season. I know we are not playing cupcakes anymore but she can’t do anything right anymore.
Not counting the cupcakes we are 8 and 7. I'm not counting Mississippi as a cupcake.

OMG this is how fake news starts! Now we have Key leaving and a lack of chemistry bubbling up. Yes Key shows her frustration at times. But NO she did NOT brush off Kellie! I purposely watched closely cuz I KNEW someone was going to say that and she did not, in any way, brush off Coach.

Key has obviously hit the freshman wall physically and emotionally, also she's never allowed to get into a flow b/c she gets subbed for by those other powerhouse posts of ours. But I see nothing to suggest she's leaving! What irresponsible bullsh*t.

Young players have to learn, and Barnes says this all the time, just how hard playing in the SEC is and how much effort is required. Not that they don't care, they just never imagined they could work or play that hard. That experience and knowledge, plus a serious summer in the weight room and think Key will be outstanding. For the University of Tennessee. Along with her sister.

You really can't say were less talented than LSU and you can see other than one center who was in foul trouble they are smaller. So very hard to understand how we get beat on the boards and out hustled for the ball so often inside. Certainly have to give Kellie the opportunity to get her own players in here, but this is not what we need to see in two more seasons. I don't think we should be seeing it now, but I will concede patience to the ones that think we doing well.
Quickness I believe. We our not swift of quickness at all in 4 and 5 spot.

OMG this is how fake news starts! Now we have Key leaving and a lack of chemistry bubbling up. Yes Key shows her frustration at times. But NO she did NOT brush off Kellie! I purposely watched closely cuz I KNEW someone was going to say that and she did not, in any way, brush off Coach.

Key has obviously hit the freshman wall physically and emotionally, also she's never allowed to get into a flow b/c she gets subbed for by those other powerhouse posts of ours. But I see nothing to suggest she's leaving! What irresponsible bullsh*t.

Young players have to learn, and Barnes says this all the time, just how hard playing in the SEC is and how much effort is required. Not that they don't care, they just never imagined they could work or play that hard. That experience and knowledge, plus a serious summer in the weight room and think Key will be outstanding. For the University of Tennessee. Along with her sister.
Highly unlikely Teonni is coming to UT.

Wondering what soured the chemistry???
It was going great for a while.

For all we know, it could easily be that the players are in the early stages of the flu. As much close contact as teammates have with one another on a daily basis, I’d be shocked if noone else ends up with what Davis had. Not sure what the incubation period after exposure to someone who is still in the contagious period...

VN Store

Back