Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #16/18 TEXAS A&M

Excellent post, Raebo. I agree 100%.
Whether he intends it this way or not, his regular postings detailing all the shortcomings he perceives among the staff really are being received by others as reasons to not trust that the staff knows how to do their jobs. :( It’s certainly not helping anyone.

If Jumper is actually trying to help the coaching staff, why doesn’t he sit down and type out his critiques and send them by email or through the postal service directly to the coaches? Why does he have to sow doubt in them publicly like he’s doing? I don’t get it. Unless, of course, it’s less about truly wanting to help the staff and ore about stroking his own ego. Seems like he’d just communicate with them directly if he were truly unselfish in his desire to help them.

Haven't you heard,,,,I have!
and do
and will

I try to monitor what I say here, I really do.
I want Coach K to succeed, I really do

But I post/advise here as a coach, and as a coach I have to convey what a coach would say, not what a fan would say
otherwise,,, my credibility is lost

BTW I acknowledged Raebo's scolding and agreed,,,immediately edited my post
I am a coach, but also a human and therefor not perfect

Potential recruits, yes, they look in on this site, but so do their parents
and if they see a fanbase of rose-colored glass posters, they will be just as leery

Consider something lv,,,I defend Coach K much more than I critique her
I have said I AM fully behind her...

enough to be honest with her

* There is an old posting of a page entitled "Coach Jumper"...if you want to talk about me, wake it up, please and we can converse all day long,, there.....OK>)

Last edited:
Now,,,

Lets get back to the purpose of this thread and support our girls!

Win
Lady Vols
W I N !!!

Jumper, one question: If you were to discover that your mission to “post/advise here as a coach” was absolutely having an unintentionally harmful effect on the program, would knowing that alter your mission?

Reactions: Voltopia
Jumper, one question: If you were to discover that your mission to “post/advise here as a coach” was absolutely having an unintentionally harmful effect on the program, would knowing that alter your mission?

Answer..it is not a mission, it is a decision.

Further...if my postings were more harmful than constructive,,,unequivocally,,,yes

Even further,,,when my critics outnumber my supporters, I will know.

(This is why I wish we had email abilities)

@T_Vol376 ,,I miss you posting and apologize that we were put in a situation like we were. I, and this site, consider you an asset to the LV's...Hoping you are ok

Sincerely,
Coach J

I’m good, CJ. I don’t feel like I was “in a situation,” but thanks for checking.

Hoping the LVs can get the W today!

For today’s game I won’t be upset even if we lose as long as we play to win. In the LSU game it never felt like the ladies had a desire to control that game. No defensive energy and they allowed the same player to beat them off the dribble drive over and over and over again.

Carter is going to drive the lane almost every time down. Tamari is going to have to stay out of foul trouble and make herself big.

About time to get ready for a short trip to TBA...before I go

lvocd, glv, let me let you in on my
"mission"...

Bruce Pearl once painted his face orange
Coach Krys,,,uh,,,the other Coach "K" coaches in the Olympics
Pat Summitt was the face of the her program
In football, Bear Bryant, Bill Bellicik, Tom Landry was the face of their programs

All of them understand what I know to be true...For any team, women's or men's, to be successful,
they have to willingly take the spotlight off of their team and wear it

Coach K (Kellie) is of this faction too...she is already much more visible that CHW ever was.

I try to do this in this little corner of the world, here on VolNation.

As long as people like you and glv,etc. ,, concentrate and antagonize me, you have less time to antagonize the girls.

Lastly, I do not equate myself with those great coaches mentioned, Kellie included.
But on this site, in this forum, I am the coach.
So, "shine on, light"

Go Lady Vols !!!

About time to get ready for a short trip to TBA...before I go

lvocd, glv, let me let you in on my
"mission"...

Bruce Pearl once painted his face orange
Coach Krys,,,uh,,,the other Coach "K" coaches in the Olympics
Pat Summitt was the face of the her program
In football, Bear Bryant, Bill Bellicik, Tom Landry was the face of their programs

All of them understand what I know to be true...For any team, women's or men's, to be successful,
they have to willingly take the spotlight off of their team and wear it

Coach K (Kellie) is of this faction too...she is already much more visible that CHW ever was.

I try to do this in this little corner of the world, here on VolNation.

As long as people like you and glv,etc. ,, concentrate and antagonize me, you have less time to antagonize the girls.

Lastly, I do not equate myself with those great coaches mentioned, Kellie included.
But on this site, in this forum, I am the coach.
So, "shine on, light"

Go Lady Vols !!!
BTW, Coach, Rae is one of my favorite players. I keep hoping we will finally see that tremendous potential unleashed in a controlled fully productive way.

Reactions: krichunaka
For today’s game I won’t be upset even if we lose as long as we play to win. In the LSU game it never felt like the ladies had a desire to control that game. No defensive energy and they allowed the same player to beat them off the dribble drive over and over and over again.

Carter is going to drive the lane almost every time down. Tamari is going to have to stay out of foul trouble and make herself big.
Exactly! Just play to their abilities, even if ultimately the other team might be better. Don't phone it in like they did vs. LSU. Anything can happen, but they have to put themselves in that position first.

BTW, Coach, Rae is one of my favorite players. I keep hoping we will finally see that tremendous potential unleashed in a controlled fully productive way.

Not to equate Rae with an animal,,,but,,,You can put a stallion in with quarter horses, but you ride them differently and they have a different purpose.

I use this analogy because I had four different horses through my childhood
1-Cricket, a pony, I had to constantly nudge with my stirruped heels to keep her walking..running was simply out of the question. A trot was all she would give me.
2-Buckshot, a small pinto stud, I had to ride with a sawed off broom-handle in my belt otherwise I would get the brushoff under the apple tree or bucked off when he was ready for me to get off of his back.
3-Sun, a gentle horse that was ready to ride and never gave me an ounce of concern
and
4_Cisco, a big, fast Pinto horse that lived to run,, and if another horse passed me, I had to rein him in with all of my might, or sometimes, just gave him the reins and held on

Rae is "Cisco"

** time for me to ride my four-wheeled horse to the game."

Go Lady Vols !

Yeah, this is probably a 10-15 point or greater loss, regrettably.

Davis and Carter have made this game personal, they are going to battle to show which is better....you can tell already, they elevate each other’s game

VN Store

Back