Game Thread: (23/24) Lady Vols vs. (rv/rv) Georgia

This isn’t all on Kellie. The players bear some of the responsibility. She can’t make them hustle. I am all for holding her accountable. She made a litany of mistakes, but poor execution played a major role in this loss.
Kellie is a good coach and so is Wes Moore. However, UT would never have hired him.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Obviously disappointing. I’m sure the LVs are more disappointed than anyone. Worst half of the year and still had a chance to pull it out. Improvement is never a straight line and I see improvement in this team. Believe good things are coming for this team and program. Go Lady Vols!!

This isn’t all on Kellie. The players bear some of the responsibility. She can’t make them hustle. I am all for holding her accountable. She made a litany of mistakes, but poor execution played a major role in this loss.
This is on Kellie if she has to consistently beg her players to hustle. Pat never had to do that game after game.

Third quarter, Georgia was fired up and they played hard on every possession. Taylor had her team hustling hard even though they were down 15.
Tennesseee was acting like they already won. If Rennia comes back next year, I wonder if she will start tweeting about "respect" when Tennessee isn't in the preseason rankings? Poor thing hasn't realized in 4 years that respect is earned, not given.

Tennessee is a mediocre team with an unqualified coach. Georgia isn't that bad of a team, but they're not that good either.

Ready to watch the post game presser. Curious what coach has to say. Probably won’t watch the players. Too hard right now. I love them, but it was so hard.

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
With the loss UT is 25 in the NET, 8th in the SEC. Gonna be tough year in the SEC, IMO the top conference in the country.

Defense and rebounding is not going win too many games if you can’t score. The Lady Vols have been dealing with the same issues these last few years. I’m not just panicking and making a big deal because we lost this game. It’s a systemic problem. When we can’t overpower a team with our size, and we actually have to think on offense it’s a huge problem. How are we averaging some many turnovers with teams playing us in a zone. Our defense has been trash teams have been layup lines on our zone and man. It’s going to get worse as we face more aggressive teams, y’all better buckle up.

Rennia should have NEVER gave the ball to Kasi in those last seconds even I wouldn't have givin the ball to Kasi if you have givin me money too

win or lose its always #GoLadyVols🧡
Yeah, passing to a player...with a history of fumbling passes... in the waning seconds of the game with one shot to win was not the sign of a winner. She should have called her own #.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
In the first half, when they stuck to the game plan by slowing it down they were fine and took a big lead. Not sure what happened in the second half and why it was allowed to continue without trying to correct it.

VN Store

Back