Game Thread: (23/24) Lady Vols at (RV/NR) Alabama

Good grief Eli Gold! I know you are a legend . You truly are . But could we bother you to maybe call the game this quarter ? ID the players , stuff like that ??

Reactions: Border Vol
This is how I like to beat Alabama, nice job ladies. Bench finishing the job here.

So glad to see us execute. Bama is a tough team coming off a big win. Wasn’t their night but we had a lot to do with that. If we hold onto the basketball we’re hard to beat. Only 12 turnovers on the night.

Great job ,love it enjoyed it now get ready for the pups. I expect to compete with them and will settle for nothing less. We can play well when we want too

Reactions: Border Vol
Did a great job on the things we needed to do. As I hoped, we held them to 4 3s tonight. Ran them off the line and forced a lot of jumpers. They made a few but if teams are going to trade 2s with us we win that battle every time.

Lewis and Walker are phenomenal players and they got theirs tonight. None of them came very easy though. We didn’t allow the “others” to beat us. Outside of their stars we kept everyone in check.

Big shoutout to Tamari, she won the battle of the bigs again. Copeland was a non-factor with 7 and was in foul trouble all night. Normally she averages almost 16 a game. 15 and 7 is great for Tamari, glad to see her stepping up, she been pretty consistent the last 3 games. A lot to build on for her heading into the matchup with ONO.

Last edited:
Good spacing ,crisp passing ,good offensive movement and execution,Davis showed up,Horston showed up,Key showed up ,heck everyone showed up,there was a good game plan,and good effort for 37 minutes.Best game the Lady Vols have played in a long time against a good team.For the record let me state that Coach Harper outcoached that other coach from Bama today ....1st time that has happened in 3 years.

VN Store

Back