Game Thread: (23/24) Lady Vols at (RV/NR) Alabama

Hopefully she gets to watch them lose in Knoxville. That long face will be even longer.

Would be nice if she’s paired with a UT alum but I doubt that will happen. We will get to listen to her sit in TBA on The Summitt and blow smoke of Geno’s a** for two hours about “beating” Pat’s all time wins record.

She usually is harsh on Uconn and their players she often complements TN from what i’ve seen. I don’t watch a lot of uconn games is she a big homer type announcer ?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don't know if I do them by game or by culmination but if I can find that out I know how to put the calculations into a spreadsheet... when I get home this evening I'll do both if I can remember if not at me and remind me

@VolBall09 did you get your numbers yet, if not per game or cumulative?

Hopefully she gets to watch them lose in Knoxville. That long face will be even longer.

Would be nice if she’s paired with a UT alum but I doubt that will happen. We will get to listen to her sit in TBA on The Summitt and blow smoke of Geno’s a** for two hours about “beating” Pat’s all time wins record.
That's my hope too. Please LVs beat UConn. I'm seriously upset about Lobo calling the game tho. It should be Tamika or Candace.

@VolBall09 is this what you want?
Cumulative stats, efficiency ratings and assist to turnover table

View attachment 340475

I think so. That might include more data actually.

I always understood +/- as essentially how many points your team scores when you’re on the floor compared to the other team. But maybe that’s just an oversimplified explanation.

I always understood +/- as essentially how many points your team scores when you’re on the floor compared to the other team. But maybe that’s just an oversimplified explanation.
this is based on the following calculation
(PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK − Missed FG − Missed FT - TO) / GP.

The NBA publishes online all of the basic statistics recorded officially by the league. Individual player efficiency is expressed there by a stat referred to as 'efficiency' and abbreviated EFF. It is derived by a simple formula: (PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK − Missed FG − Missed FT - TO) / GP.

Reactions: krichunaka
this is based on the following calculation
(PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK − Missed FG − Missed FT - TO) / GP.

The NBA publishes online all of the basic statistics recorded officially by the league. Individual player efficiency is expressed there by a stat referred to as 'efficiency' and abbreviated EFF. It is derived by a simple formula: (PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK − Missed FG − Missed FT - TO) / GP.

Definitely a different stat

Interesting though and good information!

The +/- is a game to game stat whereas this appears to be cumulative. It’s always on the WNBA box score and it’s definitely a good predictor of who needs to be on the floor. Coach has mentioned she uses it a lot. Curious to see ours because I’m pretty sure Rennia is the highest.

That's my hope too. Please LVs beat UConn. I'm seriously upset about Lobo calling the game tho. It should be Tamika or Candace.
LVs can beat UConn if the LVs play their "A" game on offense and defense. Also, Kellie needs to have them ready for a full court press from UConn. They need to pass their way out of full court presses. Score will be UConn 81 UT 59 or UT 78 UConn 73. Hopefully, the latter score is probable.

Definitely a different stat

Interesting though and good information!

The +/- is a game to game stat whereas this appears to be cumulative. It’s always on the WNBA box score and it’s definitely a good predictor of who needs to be on the floor. Coach has mentioned she uses it a lot. Curious to see ours because I’m pretty sure Rennia is the highest.

not sure what formula they use,,,tried to find it.
this is the one nba uses
if you can find the formula they use I can plug it into a spreadsheet

not sure what formula they use,,,tried to find it.
this is the one nba uses
if you can find the formula they use I can plug it into a spreadsheet

We are talking about the same thing. I’m just explaining it in its most basic form. It appears what you’re doing is one of the more modern derivations.

Attachments

• 0EDB07B1-FD0C-4247-99C9-A784FFDEB868.png
    0EDB07B1-FD0C-4247-99C9-A784FFDEB868.png
    819.4 KB · Views: 3
We are talking about the same thing. I’m just explaining it in its most basic form. It appears what you’re doing is one of the more modern derivations.

I'd ask Coach K what formula she uses but she doesn't seem to like me very much

I'd ask Coach K what formula she uses but she doesn't seem to like me very much
aj_puyyF29OUd4lj1xIP__NmeJRzkz-rxCW9GuOqSus.jpg

LVs can beat UConn if the LVs play their "A" game on offense and defense. Also, Kellie needs to have them ready for a full court press from UConn. They need to pass their way out of full court presses. Score will be UConn 81 UT 59 or UT 78 UConn 73. Hopefully, the latter score is probable.
Yes they can beat them. I've watch UConn play 3x this season. Our big 3 of Rennia, Rae & Jordan should get us the win. Just as long the team plays like you posted.

I think Evina may be in for a long night. Almost certain her former teammates defense has improved a lot more than her offense has. Also don’t think the crowd in TBA will be all that welcoming to her, but we shall see.

Nervous for this game but I think we have a good shot.
Wish there was going to be a crowd!!!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

I had to go out and try another formula
this one is the VPS formula
No negative numbers and the results are much different,Kinda killed Rae's good night

Note: I had no way to get the CHG part of the equation without a lengthy viewing of the game (Chg is : The total number of times a player causes an opponent on offense to commit a foul by establishing position and allowing him or her to make contact)....I love ya, but not THAT much
011821 game stat efficiency ratings using VPS formula.jpg

VN Store

Back