Game Thread: (23/24) Lady Vols 69 - Colorado 51

I agree that’s it’s time to insert Franklin into the starting lineup at the 4. I think Kellie was trying to ease her back in following the knee injury, but she proved in the last game that she is ready. She even said post game that it took her a minute but she is now trusting her knee. Putting Franklin at the 4 will also take a lot of pressure off of TK.[/QUOTE
Bingo. For the first time last game Franklin started playing as if she no longer needed to dial down her aggression because of her knee. Nowhere 100% yet but it as if she finally realized that even so she could play all out at whatever level of recovery she is without worrying about the knee. That is huge because now she can start rebounding out of space and aggressively defending and rebounding. Don't think Kellie will play her and Key much at same time yet

I agree that’s it’s time to insert Franklin into the starting lineup at the 4. I think Kellie was trying to ease her back in following the knee injury, but she proved in the last game that she is ready. She even said post game that it took her a minute but she is now trusting her knee. Putting Franklin at the 4 will also take a lot of pressure off of TK.[/QUOTE
Bingo. For the first time last game Franklin started playing as if she no longer needed to dial down her aggression because of her knee. Nowhere 100% yet but it as if she finally realized that even so she could play all out at whatever level of recovery she is without worrying about the knee. That is huge because now she can start rebounding out of space and aggressively defending and rebounding. Don't think Kellie will play her and Key much at same time yet

Given Tamari's slump at scoring and rebounding so far, it might be time to try Horston at the four, Jackson at the three, Powell at the one, and Darby or some other 3 pt shooter at the two. Jordy is our best rebounder, and her abundance of skills shows out no matter what position she plays, so why not put her in a position to get more rebounds? If Key isn't going to rebound this season anyway, Horston charging the glass would allow Key to focus on other things. And, with that lineup 1-4, maybe start Franklin at the five and see what happens. It'll be a much faster, quicker lineup.

Reactions: glv98
Mmm, the stats page for Colorado says they shoot 41% from three, score about 80 points per game, and have a post averaging a double double so far this year with 17 and 10. Even AST.

That said, they haven't really played anyone tough yet. We can hope the level of competition has sharpened Tennessee enough to win this, but who knows? I certainly don't. UT has lots of talented pieces but they don't seem to be fitting - yet. So. Sure seems like the potential for an L if Tennessee isn't careful. Would be GREAT if Key played to her height and dominated all those 6'-3"s out there but I don't know.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Mmm, the stats page for Colorado says they shoot 41% from three, score about 80 points per game, and have a post averaging a double double so far this year with 17 and 10. Even AST.

That said, they haven't really played anyone tough yet. We can hope the level of competition has sharpened Tennessee enough to win this, but who knows? I certainly don't. UT has lots of talented pieces but they don't seem to be fitting - yet. So. Sure seems like the potential for an L if Tennessee isn't careful. Would be GREAT if Key played to her height and dominated all those 6'-3"s out there but I don't know.
Voltopia, I feel confident in the LV’s winning this going away in second half, especially if UT gets Key back on the defensive boards and plays the ball offensively through Jackson for set plays and let’s Jordy do her magic off the ball. LV’s by 15, they turn the corner here tonight and start showing their talent.

All comes down to is if Colorado shots are falling, because they’re gonna get open looks all night. Also, if we can stay composed when they have their runs and don’t fall apart and just start turning the ball over unforced trying to do too much.

All comes down to is if Colorado shots are falling, because they’re gonna get open looks all night. Also, if we can stay composed when they have their runs and don’t fall apart and just start turning the ball over unforced trying to do too much.
They will not have open looks if the D is ready. It’s Colorado, not Uconn, UT has the players to play lock down D against this team.

It makes zero sense for us to play six of first seven games against P5 schools.

With that said, Go Lady Vols! Beat the buffalo women

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Tennessee playing better, thankfully for Horston, but 8 turnovers after the first quarter, horrible, and Tamari is at least trying to get open, but not working right now.

VN Store

Back