Game Thread: (23/24) Lady Vols 69 - Colorado 51

Not playing all that well, but certainly better than Colorado. I don't know why they can't get better at passing the ball. To many telegraphed passes so we have 12 turnovers in the first half of the game. At least the Refs seem to be on our side tonight.

Interior defense and rebounding were good. If they had a three point shooter they had the looks just don't have anyone that can shoot it. We go 2 for 11 ourselves from the three.

Reactions: Vols2015
Did ya'll see Franklin grab Justine, sit her down beside her and talk to her when Justine came out? Maybe this team is starting to jell in lots of ways.

Powell's been a little off. Lots of really weak passes from her and others. They act like it's against the rules for the defense to intercept. We did lose rythmn late.

But overall one of our best halves. Key is at least doing what we minimally need fm her, being a looming defensive presence. I thought Puckett and even Darby played some good position D and both rebounded well.

Good movement on offense!

Were not a real high IQ basketball team just to many mental lapses which I was hoping would get better.

It wasn’t even turnovers the last few minutes. They just have these mental lapses in the game on offense. Couple of unnecessary 3’, driving with no purpose, and the ball getting stuck back and forth on the perimeter causing the defenders not to work.
But we only played that way briefly at the end of the half. That's a huge improvement for this team. I think the subbing eventually catches up with us. I know Horston and Jackson need rest, but I hate seeing them come out when they're this hot.

Reactions: travis929
We just need to make the easy play. If there is an easy opportunity in transition we need to take it.

If there is not we need to move the basketball and get the ball inside. They should not be able to guard 3/4 of our players in the paint. Still not sure why we don’t see UT posting guards more frequently.

With Hollingshed available now I would pull her to the top of the key, post up whomever and have her deliver the pass. See if maybe she can hit a 3 from of there.

Did ya'll see Franklin grab Justine, sit her down beside her and talk to her when Justine came out? Maybe this team is starting to jell in lots of ways.

Powell's been a little off. Lots of really weak passes from her and others. They act like it's against the rules for the defense to intercept. We did lose rythmn late.

But overall one of our best halves. Key is at least doing what we minimally need fm her, being a looming defensive presence. I thought Puckett and even Darby played some good position D and both rebounded well.

Good movement on offense!
I was wondering if anyone else noticed that, she will get it together.

Last edited:
Still not a lot of movement on offense except for the one with the ball.
It’s the same play depending on which the ball is on. Whoever is at the top of the key pass right side they cut to the ball side and same for the left side. Like, this not going to help y’all get the ball inside if the defense just gotta move left and right.

But we only played that way briefly at the end of the half. That's a huge improvement for this team. I think the subbing eventually catches up with us. I know Horston and Jackson need rest, but I hate seeing them come out when they're this hot.
Yeah I think we went almost 5 minutes with a fg. I did see she staggered Jordan and Rickea minutes. Rickea was leading the second unit while Jordan was on the bench.

Colorado is definitely missing Fromaann, she’s their outlet when they get stuck, either with the deep 3 or creating off the bounce.

Sherrod has a nice handle but is a notoriously terrible finisher. Just cannot get the ball to ball in the basket. Has been that way her entire career.

VN Store

Back