Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols vs. (2/3) South Carolina

We will touch back when they lose again to a lesser talented team. I’m a downer because I’m tired of losing to teams we should beat. I am a Vol grad and I don’t wear orange glasses.
Undefeated seasons or trash, eh? I'd suggest you broaden your perspective just a little bit. This was a huge win considering the state of the program during the Holly years. But you are more than welcome to recruit a "We Back Holly" commission....

We will touch back when they lose again to a lesser talented team. I’m a downer because I’m tired of losing to teams we should beat. I am a Vol grad and I don’t wear orange glasses.
Losing is a part of bb. Teams have good and bad nights. If you can't see the improvement over past teams then you need to check out UT grad or not. If this team loses out the rest of the year I will be disappointed yeah but we played one of the best games I've seen in several years tonight. Enjoy the W

..took me a second but giggled beer into my nostrils when I figured it out...

My wife didn't get the Castaway reference, either. When she saw the photo, she looked at me funny like I had posted a racist meme or something. I almost went back and deleted the whole post (without the volleyball pic, it wouldn't make sense).

Sometimes i just just try too hard.... :(

Tonight we were the winner of the whistles. A lot of them came with them fouling toward the end. Outcome was the same though. Free throws and officials decided this one. Lots of foul trouble for both teams.

Both teams had 20 fouls. SC's came in a bunch in the fourth quarter and sent the Lady Vols to the line 28 times to SC's 16. Interestingly, each team had 40 rebounds, 13 turnovers, and each team made 26 fgs with three 3-pointers for each. And, yes, the difference in the final score was exactly the difference between the free-throw shots made!

Jim

1. I give a lot of credit to Kasiyahna Kushkituah, she wore A. Boston out in the third quarter. That allowed Tamari Key to do her thing in the fourth quarter. Rae Burrell was solid the hole game. 2. Jordan Horston zero turnovers for the fourth game in a row was big, and her 12 points. 3. Jordan Walker played a solid game except for her 4 turnovers. 4. Rennia Davis what can you say about her game in the second half, just wonderful. 10-10 from the Free Throw line. 5. Destiny Salary was a great role player tonight. Love Kellie Harper. As always go Lady Vol's.

13 t.o.s is lucky for us. Didn't realize Walker had 4, that's too many. Though she also had 4 reb and 3 assists. JH spotless 0 t,os and 5 assists was awesome. They just shot a combined 7-19 and didn't hit a 3, but still contributed 18 pts. Also they handled the team really well during the pivotal 3rd qtr. JH's in control drive to the bucket and successful finish late was probably the dagger score. So happy for her, please keep it up. Injuries seemed to have mysteriously cleared up. Excellent.

Henderson had 6 t.o., but also 6 assists.

What if we hadn't been so utterly craptastic in the second qtr? Win by 20?

VN Store

Back