Game Notes (PDF)

images

GEORGIA

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)

images

Go Lady Vols

The Lady Bulldogs overcame a 17-point second-half deficit to defeat the Lady Vols 67-66 earlier this year at Thompson-Boling Arena, marking Georgia's first win in Knoxville since 1996. The Lady Bulldogs are looking for their first season sweep of Tennessee since the 1984-85 campaign.

With 61 total blocks and 3.1 per game, senior center Jenna Staiti is tied with South Carolina's Aliyah Boston as the SEC's blocked shots leader.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
This game is as big, for me as a coach, as was the last game against SC.

The one thing Coach K has yet to show me is that she can get the Dr Jeckyll-Mr Hyde tendency off of our backs.

It is one thing to get your team up for a game they are not expected to win,,,truly another to keep them at that level for a game they should, or need, to win.

OK,
Coach K
The proverbial ball is in your court

Kellie 003.jpg

Coach Jumper's prediction Lady Vols 80 GA 75

(Prove me wrong Coach K and make it UT 85 GA 60 !

Last edited:
This one may be easier said than done. However, I think our Lady’s confidence will carry over from Thursday.

If all goes north:
TN: 76
GA: 64

If all goes south:
TN: 60
GA: 55

Yup, I got confidence in our Lady Vols, despite double digit win, or single digit win. 🙂😂

This game is as big, for me as a coach, as was the last game against SC.

The one thing Coach K has yet to show me is that she can get the Dr Jeckyll-Mr Hyde tendency off of our backs.

It is one thing to get your team up for a game they are not expected to win,,,truly another to keep them at that level for a game they should, or need, to win.

OK,
Coach K
The proverbial ball is in your court

View attachment 353090

Coach Jumper's preciction Lady Vols 80 GA 75

(Prove me wrong Coach K and make it UT 85 GA 60 !
Excellent comment, Coach Jumper: "It is one thing to get your team up for a game they are not expected to win,,,truly another to keep them at that level for a game they should, or need, to win. " The ball is in Kellie's court. She needs to prove that she is not just an above average coach but an elite one.

Excellent comment, Coach Jumper: "It is one thing to get your team up for a game they are not expected to win,,,truly another to keep them at that level for a game they should, or need, to win. " The ball is in Kellie's court. She needs to prove that she is not just an above average coach but an elite one.
this is actually a bigger game than we consider....If GA wins, they pass us and move into the 3 spot for the SEC. And if TAMU wins too, they pass us as well, dropping us into 5th place

Thus, it is a very big game and one we need to win to have a clear path to #3 SEC

this is actually a bigger game than we consider....If GA wins, they pass us and move into the 3 spot for the SEC. And if TAMU wins too, they pass us as well, dropping us into 5th place

Thus, it is a very big game and one we need to win to have a clear path to #3 SEC

I don’t get the if TAMU wins they pass as well? TAMU is already in second and wouldn’t move us down...

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Georgia is more rested, should really be up for the game and playing at home. I expect them to play well but we have been playing consistently well this year when our key players are available.
I expect it to be a good close game but I think we pull it out.
UT-74
Georgia-68

I think we almost nail down third place with a win today. If we lose we could still finish third but would need some help because we haven't played as many games as other teams plus Georgia would have the tiebreaker on us if we both finished with the same amount of losses. With first and second almost certainly decided third seems to be our highest possible finish. We need it because there may not be but three byes this time with Vanderbilt opting out of the season.

Reactions: Rickster
I think we almost nail down third place with a win today. If we lose we could still finish third but would need some help because we haven't played as many games as other teams plus Georgia would have the tiebreaker on us if we both finished with the same amount of losses. With first and second almost certainly decided third seems to be our highest possible finish. We need it because there may not be but three byes this time with Vanderbilt opting out of the season.

U.K. and GA are tied for 4th as of now. They play each other again, U.K. plays USC again and has a make up game with LSU. GA will actually complete their schedule with UT, U.K., and then FL. Besides us U.K. will probably be gunning for GA because of that coveted top 4 seed.

Of course we have to take care of business and a win today helps the top 3 cause but we can’t look passed Mizzu or Auburn despite their records AND we might have a make up game with M.S.U. But by the time that game comes around the top 4 spots may be decided...

They hit seven threes to our three last time. We just need to turn that around to win by a good margin everything else going as before. We outrebounded them by 9 last time we just need to finish on some of those offensive rebounds.

U.K. and GA are tied for 4th as of now. They play each other again, U.K. plays USC again and has a make up game with LSU. GA will actually complete their schedule with UT, U.K., and then FL. Besides us U.K. will probably be gunning for GA because of that coveted top 4 seed.

Of course we have to take care of business and a win today helps the top 3 cause but we can’t look passed Mizzu or Auburn despite their records AND we might have a make up game with M.S.U. But by the time that game comes around the top 4 spots may be decided...
Two more wins gets us fourth guaranteed. Three wins gets us third and if we win out and SC loses two more we would be second maybe.

VN Store

Back