Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols at (22/23) Georgia

the hero worship is flattering but a little much

I get it, you own the letters, the colors and the ability to self-anoint yourself as a coach. Frankly, I'm just as much a coach as you. You need to get off the persecution train at the next stop. I am in no way flattering anyone. Just making a prediction or do you own that too?

I get it, you own the letters, the colors and the ability to self-anoint yourself as a coach. Frankly, I'm just as much a coach as you. You need to get off the persecution train at the next stop. I am in no way flattering anyone. Just making a prediction or do you own that too.

sure

first my thread, then my title, now my format..."Single White Female" all over again,,,next my haircut?

sure

first my thread, then my title, now my format..."Single White Female" all over again,,,next my haircut?

You don't have a thread, or a title other than the one you gave yourself. You also own format too? Wow! Well, at least I can spell prediction.

I hope the ladies could get three legs back under them, got some treatments and maintenance, and got in the good ole ice bath!

Sometimes it isn’t the first game back (SC) that’ll make you feel like you’re running in mud but the second one with the exhaustion of the hype and then early game turn around.

Good thing is I think Rennia (i saw it in the TAMU game) is realizing there isn’t anyone on the court that can guard her but herself. When she said they can’t guard me in the TAMU game it was like a light switched on for her. Now her teammates have to take that energy and produce!

Ball control will be very important today. We cannot allow their active hands to panic us like the last game. Take our time and get it in to the paint and we’ll be all good.

SC tried to bring the pressure and we handled it well.

Defensively we have to do the same job we did on Staiti again. Can’t let her backup have a nice night either. Need to own the boards on both ends and play 40 minutes of TALL defense. We have an advantage at every position. Make them play over the top.

24 Tennessee turnovers in the last game that cannot happen today. Burrell 3 for 13 don't see that happening either. Will Horston go 5 for 9 again one of her best games.

We got a glimpse against South Carolina. If our big 3 can all play well on the same night we are really tough. Let’s hope everyone is locked in.

Guess on whether Ms. Horston will watch for a moment or start the game? I think coach may give her the nod back after she played well the other night.

thanks for the spellcheck ,,,now, snatch the pebble from my hand, grasshopper
200w.gif

We got a glimpse against South Carolina. If our big 3 can all play well on the same night we are really tough. Let’s hope everyone is locked in.

Guess on whether Ms. Horston will watch for a moment or start the game? I think coach may give her the nod back after she played well the other night.
interesting thought,,,Coach K usually doesn't shift immediate trends until they dictate it,,,we'll see

We cut those turnovers in half I think we win today.

How many TOs does Jordan Horston make in today's game ...... I say at least 6-7.
Can she pull up & hit the 5 foot shot or just go ahead & plow over the defender for her 3rd charge?

How many TOs does Jordan Horston make in today's game ...... I say at least 6-7.
Can she pull up & hit the 5 foot shot or just go ahead & plow over the defender for her 3rd charge?
She has only committed 4 turnovers her last three games so let's not jinx her. I figure she will stay in her sixth man role she has played much better being in that role.

Last edited:
Can she pull up for the 5 foot shot or just go ahead & plow ahead over the defender for her 3rd charge?

She's been stingy giving the ball away lately so I expect that will continue...at least I hope it does. Her assists are generating scores. I think todays game will depend on the play and leadership of Rennia. As she goes, so goes the team. Georgia likes to slap and body up underneath. We have to handle that aspect of their game. As a coach, I'm more interested in our ability to shoot the midrange jumpers today. I expect the bulldogs to collapse inside and we will need to make them pay when they do.

I want a win at all times..... I hope we curb stomp those GA dawgs by 15. I'm hoping Horston puts a big egg on my face and plays like she's the unstoppable player she can be at times. I'm very unimpressed by her play each time out.
She has all the style points going for her ..... she needs to be the dominate & a more focused player we all hoped she'd be when she came to UT. I hope we can find another Candace Parker one day to play for us.
All those types/kind of players have gone on to play at other schools now. We'll never see a player like she was.

I want a win at all times..... I hope we curb stomp those GA dawgs by 15. I'm hoping Horston puts a big egg on my face and plays like she's the unstoppable player she can be at times. I'm very unimpressed by her play each time out.
She has all the style points going for her ..... she needs to be the dominate & a more focused player we all hoped she'd be when she came to UT. I hope we can find another Candace Parker one day to play for us.
All those types/kind of players have gone on to play at other schools now. We'll never see a player like she was.

I am curious as to how you think her last game of 11 points 5 rebounds and 5 assists with no turnovers went? she was critical in the SC win

Over the last 4 games she has had 19 assists to 3 turnovers that’s less than 1 turnover per game.

She has played within herself for having a back and foot injury so while you are entitled to your opinion she has played just how all the fans have wanted her to play at the pg spot in taking care of the ball and running her team. Her shot is a different story lol

I am curious as to how you think her last game of 11 points 5 rebounds and 5 assists with no turnovers went? she was critical in the SC win

Over the last 4 games she has had 19 assists to 3 turnovers that’s less than 1 turnover per game.

She has played within herself for having a back and foot injury so while you are entitled to your opinion she has played just how all the fans have wanted her to play at the pg spot in taking care of the ball and running her team. Her shot is a different story lol

Thanks for putting me in my place. I get it. There's love for her as a Lady Vol player. Seems like when I watch Horston she's making all these bone-headed turn-over plays. I wished she'd focus more on what she's doing.
I suppose I only see the negative side of her. She can play basketball great at times in some games. I cringe each time she brings the ball up the court wondering just how she's going to turn the ball over this time for the other team to go & make a score at the other end. Will she make a no-look pass to Rae Burrell only to have the ball go out of bounds? Will she make a move to the basket only to have a charge foul called? I expect bigger things for her when she plays for UT. I hope she scores 23 pts today. Jmo .... nothing more or less. GBO !!

Last edited:
It appears Horston's claim to fame, in high school, was her ability to get to the rim, not her outside shooting....She's a slasher, and at times, a very good slasher that finishes with a score...

She will have the occasional game where she shoots better from the outside, but until she develops that part of her game, it will be inconsistent, at best...

As of late, she has been a much better ball handler, and has been excellent in the assist department....This is good.

If Horston, Davis, and Burrell, could all get hot together, and stay hot, this team could be a title contender....

Stay tuned, it's a fun ride.

VN Store

Back