Game Thread: 2023 Women's NCAA Tournament...Round of 16: Lady Vols v Va. Tech...Sat @ 6:30 ESPN2

This game is still winnable but we have to come with a different energy in the second half or we are done. Need to get it below 10 before the 4th quarter or it’s over. If we can get it close I like our chances. This team has overcome a lot of adversity this season. This isn’t unfamiliar territory. Sadly.

Reactions: travis929
if coach gets the right personnel on the floor, they still win this game. not sure why she believes she needs to start each qtr with Striplin. i'd much rather see hollingshead start, but not get caught out on the perimeter on smaller guards

[QUOTE="Voluble2, post: 22560031, member: 38409" And why was Kellie talking about tired legs? Why would we have tired legs? What have they been doing that VT hasn't?

And she literally just said in a recent presser the team was in good shape. She said they got two days off after Monday’s game. The math ain’t mathing.[/QUOTE]

It’s not legs it’s nerves. WAY too jazzed mentally and making terrible mental mistakes.

With them stretching the lead like that this one is all but over. We've seen this play out. When was the last time this team took over a game when down like this against a quality opponent?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Problem all season is we don't have guards that can shoot the ball. You need some three point shooters out there that can handle and get to the basket. That has the be the priority for Tennessee next season. We can't have guards that average 3 points a game and shoot 30 percent from the field.

You don't win big games when your starting 1&2 have 2 points. Our biggest weakness all year because neither can create a shot or create when D collapse to get easy bucket for teammate. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: Volfan2012
Got damnit come on LV’s. TRY some semblance of a motion offense with the goal in mind using your substantial height advantage to Get it inside. Box out on mid range to 3 ball shots & double team Amoore on the other end !

With them stretching the lead like that this one is all but over. We've seen this play out. When was the last time this team took over a game when down like this against a quality opponent?

Uhh the semifinals of the SEC tournament when we came from 17 down and beat LSU.

This game is still winnable but we have to come with a different energy in the second half or we are done. Need to get it below 10 before the 4th quarter or it’s over. If we can get it close I like our chances. This team has overcome a lot of adversity this season. This isn’t unfamiliar territory. Sadly.
It’s over, but to win it will have to be 5 points or less to start the 4th.

And she literally just said in a recent presser the team was in good shape. She said they got two days off after Monday’s game. The math ain’t mathing.

It’s not legs it’s nerves. WAY too jazzed mentally and making terrible mental mistakes.[/QUOTE]

Im just responding what she (Kellie) mentioned in the huddle. Unless Holly Rowe misquoted her, I heard the word tired. If it’s not exhaustion, but nerves instead, it sounds like Kellie isn’t reading her team right 🤷

Reactions: VolBall09
I always describe our offense as the wrong player, taking the wrong shot, from the wrong spot. There was a lot of that in the first half.

But the mismatch at guard is what is killing us. Bad Jordy showed up today instead of good Jordy so we are got nothin' on the perimeter.

Reactions: I4Vols
It will all be decided in the third quarter we have to win it by at least 7 points hopefully more. If it goes the other way we can pack our bags for home like UConn did earlier today.

Reactions: volnationnj
If I see one lineup this half with Horston and Jackson both on the bench while the outcome is still at least somewhat in doubt, I’m emailing Danny White asking for a coaching change. That cannot happen.

Normally we reach a point in games like this where we start to play better because we get far enough behind that we no longer expect to win and we relax. Hopefully, that kicks in earlier in this game.

We really need to recruit about four guards because we got nothin' at that position.

And why was Kellie talking about tired legs? Why would we have tired legs? What have they been doing that VT hasn't?
She is making excuses for them. They either gonna quit, already quit, or they put their big girl panties on and fight.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back