Game Thread: #19/21 Lady Vols vs. #22/20 Oklahoma, Sat 1:32PM, WSN network

Well good on you for being the smartest one in the room, but it obviously isn't "common knowledge" or so many different fans wouldn't consistently be asking about it.

Assuming you're right and Jon is the post coach, that's not going to do much to quell the nepotism concerns....
Maybe you should worry more about your Vanderbilt Coach Shea Ralph and her husband who is her Associate Head Coach, Tom Garrick.

Exactly what I've heard KJH say several times. TK is completely cleared and pursues her own pace of recovery and participation. That was apparent in the practice we watched. There are some half wits on twitter crying for TK to start, and hinting that the coaches are holding her back. Not the case. Bless TK, hope she gets to the level she desires.

And Joy. We have to unlock the mystery of Jill. Obviously needs to be more aggressive and to have surer, stronger hands. We really need her right now.
Kellie claims she is a go to.player!!! Haven't seen that yet...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Anybody who thinks Jon doesn't do anything or that he's not a good coach doesn't have a clue about the coaching responsibilities of this team. He's an important part of this coaching staff and I can promise you that he and Kellie are on the same page.
Again, Jon is so far down the list of this team's current problems its comical to keep dragging this nugget out..

Yes, I agree. But this problem has lingered for a few years which is another sign of unwilling to make appropriate changes for the better of the program.

So funny that nepotism "concerns" only come up after a bad loss. Anyone who thinks one of the biggest problems with this team is Jon Harper, I just don't know what to tell you.

Who wants to tell smartest one in the room they're coming off a win? Despite Hollingshead's performance, which sparked this discussion.

He's right about one thing though, the problems with this team/program go way beyond Jon...

Last edited:
Maybe you should worry more about your Vanderbilt Coach Shea Ralph and her husband who is her Associate Head Coach, Tom Garrick.
Or Alabama's Kristy Curry and HER hubby who is her assistant of many years. Several others around the country.

I suspect those who object have a problem with men working for their wives instead of vice versa.

All that said, Jill's development so far has been a problem, one that needs correcting soon.

Who wants to tell smartest one in the room they're coming off a win? Despite Hollingshead's performance, which sparked this discussion.

He's right about one thing though, the problems with this team/program go way behond Jon...
Give it a rest. Its the same thing with you. Complain, Complain, and Complain some more. Gotta be a miserable life u live. Not one good thing came out of ur mouth when we won. But when we lose you won’t stop posting. It’s obvious ur not a fan.

Or Alabama's Kristy Curry and HER hubby who is her assistant of many years. Several others around the country.

I suspect those who object have a problem with men working for their wives instead of vice versa.

All that said, Jill's development so far has been a problem, one that needs correcting soon.

Jill's traditional stat line was not so good. But she led a team with a positive 15 +/-. That stat has its limitations but it also means that we lost by 18 points in the 7 minutes or so that she wasn't in the game.

I feel like this is a little bit of a repeat from early last season. New major players trying to play in an offense where the major returning offensive threat is out with injury.
I’m sure the plan was for Rikea to be option one and then if covered we had a delightful bevy of other options. With Rikea out the order of offensive flow has changed up. Smart kids, they’ll figure it out. Hopefully we get Rikea totally healed before she comes back.
Does anyone else think all this year around ball with AAU means kids arrive on campus with a lot more nagging injuries? I think AAU needs to be cut back to 4-6 weeks. I’m not a fan of these coaches and hangers on making money off of these kids and then impacting where they go to school.

Anybody who thinks Jon doesn't do anything or that he's not a good coach doesn't have a clue about the coaching responsibilities of this team. He's an important part of this coaching staff and I can promise you that he and Kellie are on the same page.
Being on the same page for 20 season may be the issue. What’s his highlight since he’s been here? what you’ve given is a generic answer.

You know I realized I don’t post as much on the game threads, or really even read them closely, because so many flyby a$$holes get their weekly nastiness out on them.
I swear to god how can you be (supposedly) a fan and be so ignorant and a jerk. Some people are just miserable, makes me wonder how their children turn out.

You know I realized I don’t post as much on the game threads, or really even read them closely, because so many flyby a$$holes get their weekly nastiness out on them.
I swear to god how can you be (supposedly) a fan and be so ignorant and a jerk. Some people are just miserable, makes me wonder how their children turn out.

Yeah, sadly I don’t participate in game threads like I used to either. Like a lot of things, this site isn’t what it used to be.

Colorados head coach calls her husband her co head coach

Assistant coaches are not supposed to have highlights...
Imagine the outrage if Jon had a "highlight". Overshadowing her! Jon has become a handy metaphor for general disgruntalness.
So need big recruits, no All Americans (recruit to accolade), no job offers? Resume is pretty small then.
3 straight first round draft picks. And if there is a basketball god anywhere in the bleak sky, a 4th straight and best yet prospect coming next spring.

That's not nothing for a staff.

Last edited:
Imagine the outrage if Jon had a "highlight". Overshadowing her! LOL, Jon is a handy metaphor for general disgruntalness.

3 straight first round draft picks. And if there is a basketball god anywhere in the bleak sky, a 4th straight and best yet prospect coming next spring.

The really important question is what is Jackson's role on the staff? He warms up with the team and yet they still have injuries.

The NCAA really needs to investigate this...

Last edited:
I am good with calling out coaching deficiencies. Every coach has them. Barnes and Heupel have both had their moments this year.

What I don't understand is hoping the team does poorly to support the agenda for a few on here?

The team did not play well but still won against a Top 25 team. That is a result of good team.

Imagine the outrage if Jon had a "highlight". Overshadowing her! Jon has become a handy metaphor for general disgruntalness.

I put in parentheses recruit to accolades
for a reason. Start to finish and not off handed better talent than what he’s accustom too.

VN Store

Back