Game Thread: #19/21 Lady Vols vs. #21/19 Indiana, FOX at 6 p.m. ET on Thanksgiving

Bet a couple of those coaches are gone at the end of the season. Other heads will roll before Kellies

I know atleast one is good as gone. The other is probably undecided.

But this is from the top. I’m not against any player or coach. But I’ve played three different sports. Coached on two different levels.

Never before have I seen a coach deliberately not play their best player(s) together the most minutes or have I seen a coach know their team needs to make certain adjustments but keep doing the same stuff even when it’s not working against both good and bad teams.

All that practice time is going to waste if the team’s offensive and defensive system is not progressing in the right direction.

I know atleast one is good as gone. The other is probably undecided.

But this is from the top. I’m not against any player or coach. But I’ve played three different sports.

Never before have I seen a coach deliberately not play their best player(s) together the most minutes or have I seen a coach know their team needs to make certain adjustments but keep doing the same stuff even when it’s not working against both good and bad teams.

All that practice time is going to waste if the team’s offensive and defensive system is not progressing in the right direction.
yes, and I bet it’s not John, need all gone

We really know how to not get her the ball frustrate her then she starts to force

The thing that is troublesome about that, I believe it was the Florida A&M game, Spear scored several baskets in a row.. had double figures by halftime. Had 20 points by the 3rd qtr and didn’t play at all in the 4th.
A coach can get so accustomed to overcoaching that they stifle the play of their own players.
Jewel is use to playing a certain way. She shouldn’t be simply forced to bind to this system.
Great coaches build around their players. Times are different.
Let these athletes go as people say “free” them and let them play ball.
This isn’t the early 2000s.
Certainly not the 90s.

The thing that is troublesome about that, I believe it was the Florida A&M game, Spear scored several baskets in a row.. had double figures by halftime. Had 20 points by the 3rd qtr and didn’t play at all in the 4th.
A coach can get so accustomed to overcoaching that they stifle the play or their own players. Jewel is use to playing a certain way. She shouldn’t be simply forced to bind this system. Great coaches build around their players. Times are different. Let these athletes go as people say “free” them and play ball. This isn’t the early 2000s. Certainly not the 90s.
Remember you did say “great coaches”

A coach can get so accustomed to overcoaching that they stifle the play of their own players.
Jewel is use to playing a certain way. She shouldn’t be simply forced to bind to this system.
Great coaches build around their players. Times are different.
Let these athletes go as people say “free” them and let them play ball.
This isn’t the early 2000s.
Certainly not the 90s.
Why does Kellie think she has to let everyone play every game. You got players knocking shots down and is hot you don’t take them out to let someone else to just get to play that pisses me off

I’m not that disappointed in the game tonight. We can score 80 points and win this game. Missed a key player. This is a good team. As always go Lady Vol’s.
Oh my, this makes worse sense than Bidenonomic! I will agree if we score more points than the other team we will win. Please let Kellie know this point!

Last edited:
Reactions: olddog
we need to - among other things - face reality propgrams have jumped ahead of us ND and Oklahoma have made the Final Four since we were last there and Ohio State is a solid team and the comments about hustle, spirit, and athleticism are appropriate.... don't know if this is an acceptable bar for KJH

If you hire an assistant to light a fire and be honest, shouldn’t that person be coach instead of assistant. At that point what is the rationale for having Kellie employed. Because she played for Pat?
I am an alpha coach. I cannot be a player's coach. Therefore I have to hire that type of person as my assistant. If you can't do something. Or are incapable of being a certain way? You have to hire that type ofperson.....Pat Summitt did that,,,. She was an absolute alpha and she hired holly, who was an absolute beta. You have to hire what you cannot be...

I am an alpha coach. I cannot be a player's coach. Therefore I have to hire that type of version as my assistant. If you can't do something. Or are incapable of being a certain way? You have to hire that. .....Pat Summitt did that,,,. She was
My question is at that point, why keep Kellie. Is she just a figurehead

we need to - among other things - face reality propgrams have jumped ahead of us ND and Oklahoma have made the Final Four since we were last there and Ohio State is a solid team and the comments about hustle, spirit, and athleticism are appropriate.... don't know if this is an acceptable bar for KJH

Yep. The reality is this program is much closer to Old Dominion or La Tech status. This program is flaming out. And it’s sad to see.

VN Store

Back