Game Thread: (19/12) Lady Vols vs. Georgia College (EXH)

Im sorry was at work all day and just got home but I’ve actually never heard of Dawn purchasing tickets for fans because if so why am I not in that number? 😂 maybe maybe not I’m honestly not sure but I can tell you that tons of Alumni support her and attend games as well as give donations to the school so while you might be right it could also be a stretch. Not exactly sure but when I find out I will let you know!
I almost seem to think she did buy tickets but it was for one game? Maybe give always? I could be totally wrong about that.

She has already signed a top 10-12 class - the current freshmen.

Yet we have some glaring needs to fill in the 22 or 23 class. Failure to fill them would be very concerning.

FTR I think she gets it done in 23, with a well rounded PG, an elite playmaker, and defensively skilled center.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Striplin’s play was strong for a juiced-up freshman. She is smart with the ball, high basketball IQ, gritty, fundamentals are solid. My only “criticism” is that she needs to stop putting the ball on the floor when she’s going up under the basket.
Kellie was able to cure Kasi of that in two years and now she is playing pro. I would imagine a better outcome in four years with Striplin.

Absolutely. And if it doesn't I'm sure fans will be lining up to admit I was right about our coach's recruiting deficiencies...

Note the failure set-up: If Kellie doesn't recruit an elite class for 23, she's got recruiting deficiencies. So, only if she scores an elite class for our next class can she be a good-enough recruiter for us. Nice try, but I'm not buying that.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Kellie was able to cure Kasi of that in two years and now she is playing pro. I would imagine a better outcome in four years with Striplin.

Anyone keep track of how our former lady Vols are doing overseas or other pro leagues?

The announcers didn't do a good job of pointing out substitutions so does anyone know who the first substitutions were?

the announcers talk about fishing, fall, their kid's birthdays and every now and then called the other team's players names,,,talk talk talk and say nothing about the game that was going on...pitiful

I can't wait For the season. So we can concentrate on what we are putting on the floor this year. We win the games we should and steal some we shouldn't recruiting will take care of itself. Nothing can be done for 22 except tfer portal now. I'm sure the coaches and players will leave it all on the court, that is all I can ask as a fan.

I can't wait For the season. So we can concentrate on what we are putting on the floor this year. We win the games we should and steal some we shouldn't recruiting will take care of itself. Nothing can be done for 22 except tfer portal now. I'm sure the coaches and players will leave it all on the court, that is all I can ask as a fan.

Per the portal, some of this discussion around recruiting class rankings is soooh 2018. What we will see increasingly is that coaches' skill in keeping their signed players and attracting players via the portal is going to become just as important as conventional recruiting acumen. The LV's 2022 class could look quite different from what they have on paper right now.

Per the portal, some of this discussion around recruiting class rankings is soooh 2018. What we will see increasingly is that coaches' skill in keeping their signed players and attracting players via the portal is going to become just as important as conventional recruiting acumen. The LV's 2022 class could look quite different from what they have on paper right now.
Potentially

I think we'll add a couple transfers to the roster that will be incoming with Justine. They will have to be quality players as losing Dye, and Burrell are very tough losses. Justine is a terrific player, but still a freshmen so finding more experienced players in the portal will be the goal of the coaching staff. Going to be 1000 to choose from and probably at least 50 to 100 players like Dye playing at smaller schools that will be looking to go to a power conference. The portal has really expanded recruiting so were going to use it as will a lot of schools just as much as high school recruiting. I think a lot of schools like UCLA with a class of 7 this time is not going to work to well. I think you will see some of them transfer and that will happen a lot of places where players find themselves in situations where they are not going to see the floor because the the experience and depth that some teams have. That is why I like the one time transfer rule as everyone can make a mistake on their first signing and the rule gives them a chance to make a better choice.

I think we'll add a couple of transfers to the roster that will be incoming with Justine. They will have to be quality players as losing Dye, and Burrell are very tough losses. Justine is a terrific player, but still a freshman so finding more experienced players in the portal will be the goal of the coaching staff. Going to be 1000 to choose from and probably at least 50 to 100 players like Dye playing at smaller schools that will be looking to go to a power conference. The portal has really expanded recruiting so we're going to use it as well a lot of schools just as much as high school recruiting. I think a lot of schools like UCLA with a class of 7 this time is not going to work too well. I think you will see some of the transfer and that will happen in a lot of places where players find themselves in situations where they are not going to see the floor because the experience and depth that some teams have. That is why I like the one-time transfer rule as everyone can make a mistake on their first signing and the rule gives them a chance to make a better choice.
Kara built a team of 5-star recruits using the transfer portal. Duke is loaded and they only had one or two from the high school ranks I believe.

Kara built a team of 5-star recruits using the transfer portal. Duke is loaded and they only had one or two from the high school ranks I believe.
We'll need to use it to secure players to replace our losses because even though Justine is a great player you never want to depend on a freshman to replace a senior. I like looking in the mid-major ranks for stars of their team. I think Dye is going to do most of the job we needed to replace Davis.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
We'll need to use it to secure players to replace our losses because even though Justine is a great player you never want to depend on a freshman to replace a senior. I like looking in the mid-major ranks for stars of their team. I think Dye is going to do most of the job we needed to replace Davis.

Agree with pretty much everything. There are (forecasted) two gaps that need to be addressed in the long run. Marta and Tess are the sophomores. Only two in that class and that opens the door to fill a spot by the portal. Looks like 2022 will be another couple of opportunities. Some suggest limited minutes on loaded teams may create portal opportunities. It's a new game and a new world order is coming.......

Boy, you’re not kidding about Duke. I just checked out their roster and they have added some really good players from the portal.

Now, can Lawson make them a team?

Boy, you’re not kidding about Duke. I just checked out their roster and they have added some really good players from the portal.

Now, can Lawson make them a team?
After I saw that roster, I couldn't 1) Believe they weren't ranked in the top 25 and 2) I couldn't believe the league coaches picked them to finish 8th in the ACC. I think with the personnel they have, they will not only compete for the ACC title, but they will also be a top-ranked team by the end of the season. There is just too much talent there for them to lose a lot of basketball games. I know the head coach doesn't like to lose.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

She added a lot of talented players, but she didn’t balance her roster very well. They are very guard heavy. Showed in their rebounding in the exhibition. They only out rebounded Wingate by 4, 38-34. That will be an issue for them as the season progresses.

I think they’re gonna look a lot like Mike Neighbors teams at Arkansas.

She added a lot of talented players, but she didn’t balance her roster very well. They are very guard heavy. Showed in their rebounding in the exhibition. They only out rebounded Wingate by 4, 38-34. That will be an issue for them as the season progresses.

I think they’re gonna look a lot like Mike Neighbors teams at Arkansas.
That was the weakness I saw, but Jade Williams and the girl from Syracuse should hold down the post ok. Both were top-ranked post players out of high school and both have 4 years of college basketball under their belts. Kara is a Tennessee girl. You know rebounding will be a priority even if the guards have to come in and do it.

VN Store

Back