Game Thread: (19/12) Lady Vols vs. Georgia College (EXH)

The measurable will be Tuesday when they play NC St. and when the UT freshman play their first top 25 game. Until then the comparisons are meaningless
Comparing one game against any other game is totally unrealistic. You may beat a team by 20 at home and lose by 20 to the same team on the road. All comes down to player performance in any particular game. The determination is the overall play of the season not any one game.

Dawn elected to freeze the ball when SC hit 98. Lots of points and playing time from the freshmen.

Cooke, last years leading scorer, didn't play due to an ankle injury.
Our starter averaged 14 minutes per player. How do you freeze the ball with a thirty second clock? Why do SC fans come over here to compare their exhibition game to theirs? Does it serve a purpose and make you feel better? Why would any team not try to score how embarrassing would that be to not be trying.

Last edited:
I didn’t. Benedict is far and away better than Georgia College no matter what division they’re in atleast Benedict had some type of athleticism and defense. That GC team was terrible on both sides of the ball! I’m not saying the Tennessee freshman wasn’t good I just didn’t think they played better than SC’s, especially Johnson and Rivers.
When did they play how do you know their better provide some legitimate proof not just their team record since they play in different divisions? Second what are you trying to say by saying you played a better terrible team? We all know SC should be a really great team this year so don't get nervous you have us at home this season so that should be a win for you. I would love to be playing you at Knoxville this season bet that would raise some tension and fear in the hearts of the SC fans.

Since TK is 6'6 she should have at least 5 rebounds before the game starts, and another half dozen when she is not in the game. When in the game, she win every rebound, even when a shot is made (I know that seems impossible but she is 6'6 after al). By my calculation, she should be averaging about 115 rebounds per game.

I've got to recheck my math. I came up with 114 RPG.

Why do SC fans come over here to compare their exhibition game to ours?

to show their....
200w.gif

Last edited:
It only took PB to make a 3 with less than a minute left to beat UT. Didnt Kellie and the LV have the lead at UCONN the year before?

And this is relevant to the exhibition game how?

Hey Darth, Pat also was beat by Geno multiple times sometimes spanked. Give it a rest with Kellie already, it's pathetic at this point.

Hey Balls, kindly show me where I was critical of Kellie anywhere on this thread...

Happens to everybody occasionally. Her career 40 minute rebounding average against all competition is 9.9 per 40 minutes played. That is excellent for any player.

Respectfully disagree. Green's average per 40 is 12.6. Dye, all 6 foot of her, averaged 12.6 per game last season. THAT is excellent...

And this is relevant to the exhibition game how?

Hey Balls, kindly show me where I was critical of Kellie anywhere on this thread...
I for the most part don't mind your posts, it's more your jabs at Kellie with the culmination of your posts in general that had me respond this time and in this thread. You, I, or anyone can't deny Kellie has to have an elite '23 class and up for debate of course, but as of yet Kellie doesn't have an elite recruiting class thus far IMO. The jabs at every turn against Kellie and her recruiting ability just for me has gotten old. That's all. I would bet the next class will be elite, and hope you admit it when that takes place.

I for the most part don't mind your posts, it's more your jabs at Kellie with the culmination of your posts in general that had me respond this time and in this thread. You, I, or anyone can't deny Kellie has to have an elite '23 class and up for debate of course, but as of yet Kellie doesn't have an elite recruiting class thus far IMO. The jabs at every turn against Kellie and her recruiting ability just for me has gotten old. That's all. I would bet the next class will be elite, and hope you admit it when that takes place.

She should have plenty to sell, it will be a winning season, likely her best yet as HC at UT, and there will be plenty of need and playing time to sell as well as the tradition and history of the program.

If she does not put together a top 10-12 or better class in 2023 then it will be fair to question the staff's ceiling in recruiting. I'd guess she lands a break through type class with all things considered. I think she can coach with the best of them, so there is only that last challenge of signing a top ranked class or two.

She should have plenty to sell, it will be a winning season, likely her best yet as HC at UT, and there will be plenty of need and playing time to sell as well as the tradition and history of the program.

If she does not put together a top 10-12 or better class in 2023 then it will be fair to question the staff's ceiling in recruiting. I'd guess she lands a break through type class with all things considered. I think she can coach with the best of them, so there is only that last challenge of signing a top ranked class or two.

She has already signed a top 10-12 class - the current freshmen.

If you don’t mind me asking, what IYO, makes you feel like Kellie can coach with the best of them?

She has already signed a top 10-12 class - the current freshmen.

Yeah, some sites ranked it as such. Probably most Vol fans were overall pretty happy with the last class, but I feel safe in saying that most Vol fans on here are thinking a bit bigger in terms of the type of class they know is needed next in order to really take the next step forward to challenge and win conference championships.

I guess Puckett, and Striplin could both become 1st-2nd team ALL SEC type players, its possible, but to some degree they both have some athletic limitations (most players do) which they could possibly overcome with BB IQ I admit. Miles could certainly be on an ALL SEC team roster one day. Wynn, that one looks to be a project in my humble opinion, which means little. But she has the look of being a one dimensional type early in her career. Yeah its early, anything can happen.

I expect you know what I meant by a top type class, one where UT lands 2-3 elite types that will make those all conference teams most years.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I watched the game again last night....It is amazing how much more clarity is observed when the outcome is not in question...

Striplin did a magnificent job of boxing out for defensive rebounds, and posting up for offensive positioning....She brings a lot to the game....Her shot and depth perception will get better as she gets use to the college game, and the huge arena...

BK Miles is full of basketball know how....She moves like the point guard she is projected to be....She will learn a great deal from Walker and Coach Kellie...Glad we have her.

Wynn showed her skill in getting to the rim...She slices and dices like a Ginsue Knife...Her outside shot needs work, but it is obtainable...

Sara Puckett seemed about a half a step slow in her defensive assignments....This defensive deficiency will most likely be worked on by the staff with better anticipation of her opponents next move....Her shot is only a moment away...Not to worry.

Burrell, Dye, Green, Horston, Walker, and Key looked like the players we hoped they would be.....They will set the table for the rest of the LVs to dine on.

Coach Kellie and staff looked in mid season form...Coach Kellie gave them hell for being to soft on D....

Darby, has come a long ways baby...She will see lots of playing time. Little Rennie showed she has found some offensive wheels.
1200px-Tennessee_Lady_Volunteers_logo.svg.png

I expect you know what I meant by a top type class, one where UT lands 2-3 elite types that will make those all conference teams most years.

Yes, but Harper is not going to get a recruiting class of the elite-of-the-elite players until she proves that she is an elite coach. She hasn't proved that yet. That's the nut she has to crack to get where we want to go, and where she has said she wants to go. One step at a time, such as this class followed by more highly ranked classes, and she'll get us there.

Striplin did a magnificent job of boxing out for defensive rebounds, and posting up for offensive positioning....

GT, I noticed that as well. She looked like she could be a 5. Maybe in time she will be. She certainly has the body for it. She looked a little lost on defense, but that will come.

I was especially pleased with how she established postion aggressively, called for the ball, got the pass, and put it in the bucket with ease. It won't be as easy with better opponents, but it was great to see she knows exactly what she's doing when she posts up on offense.

The announcers didn't do a good job of pointing out substitutions so does anyone know who the first substitutions were?

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back