Game Thread: #17/19 LADY VOLS VS. TEXAS

Y
Dude or dudette, your original complaint was about a "disrespectful" prediction but now you have pivoted to "boohoo, mean ole LV fans did not compliment us!"

You don't seem to understand how fan boards work. [Though after the loss, there were several posts noting that Texas has talent and had under performed in their prior games.]

But for the most part, Volnation was most concerned with what the LVs did not do well and what needs to be change.

So, this fact may be a shocker to you but fans on a Lady Vol fan board are far more interested in the LVs than their opponents, who are mainly viewed as benchmarks of where the team currently stands as a competitive entity.

There are discussion boards that are devoted to women's college basketball in general but this Volnation site is not one of them.

To help you comprehend, if you walk into a McDonald's and complain that they are not serving Whoppers, the problem lies with you and not the management.

Anyway, I am going to matriculate over to the Texas women b-ball fan board where I am sure to find extensive, complimentary discussions and analyses of the LVs, right? I can't imagine any possible way I will be disappointed.
You must bow to the cow...

or so the entitled think.

Reactions: krichunaka
Southie, if you’ve read any of MY posts about Texas, you know that leading up to the game I was very much worried about the Longhorns because I felt like they had the talent to beat us and would be highly motivated. In fact, in the 20-plus years I’ve been posting on message boards I have never had even one unkind word to say about Texas. In fact, I’ve always enjoyed the rivalry because it has always remained healthy.

I take personal offense that you are painting our entire fanbase as “unclassy because we’re no longer winning championships.”
Southie hangs out on the boneyard. Nuff said.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Southie hangs out on the boneyard. Nuff said.

Fortunately, I’m mature and intelligent enough to know better than to allow a handful of drive-by posts by one Texas fan to convince me that all Texas fans are obnoxious.

Texas really needed that win, and they came into TBA and played their hearts out. Hopefully next year Tennessee will avenge the loss! :p

Southie, you are 100% right. Our posters here were total jerks in regards to the Longhorns. What is that old saying, "Don't kick a sleeping dog". It woke up and bit our a::es

I own what I said. I laughed when I read Coach's analysis, disrespect toward Texas in so many areas, and of course the prediction.

If you want to discuss being "ungracious", re-read the entire thread just like I did. You'll see plenty of "ungracious" posts before and after the game from Lady Vol posters as they discussed Texas. Get back to me when you're done. If you don't have time, I will be happy to quote them all individually so you can lecture those posters about being "ungracious" with their comments.
So you won a game the facts are Tennessee still owns Texas way ahead in the all time series and we won on your court last season so nothing to see here.

Reactions: BUBear
Hey Southie. I can't think of a single person on VolNation that truly wants Karen Aston to get fired. Personally, I hope y'all keep her forever.

HornFans is a whole different story though:

Next man/woman up ! or should I say OUT !.....

After watching that horrible monstrosity online last night I can't imagine it being any worse with no coach at all. This is not a team at all, just a bunch of individuals hanging out. It doesn't look like any of them listen to a thing Karen says anyway.

Is there another B12 team that woulda lost to Hawaii last night? Getting rid or Karen now might even entice some of the top recruits not currently looking at Texas to consider Texas with a new coach coming in. Recruits watching the current team can only hurt our chances of getting them in the next class. Certainly Deja/Sedona could see what was happening and I'm sure others can too.

I own what I said. I laughed when I read Coach's analysis, disrespect toward Texas in so many areas, and of course the prediction.

If you want to discuss being "ungracious", re-read the entire thread just like I did. You'll see plenty of "ungracious" posts before and after the game from Lady Vol posters as they discussed Texas. Get back to me when you're done. If you don't have time, I will be happy to quote them all individually so you can lecture those posters about being "ungracious" with their comments.

I made that post to wake us up not aggravate your little puny butt. However if that is what it took to wake up Texas then maybe they need me as a coach instead of Karen.

Wow. That’s pretty ungracious of a Texas fan to come to a Tennessee fan board after your team won to poke fun at a Lady Vol fan’s pre-game optimism.

Noted. And won’t forget.
What an AHole, he/she should remember that every dog had his day. As I recall Texas came out of serious funk when the new coach over. In fact they are not even ranked.

You do realize where you are right? If you're butthurt about comments made about Texas on a TENNESSEE forum, that's a you problem...

VN Store

Back