Game Thread: (16/19) Lady Vols at (6/5) Texas A&M

No one on the bench to play. Would you want Darby, Rennie or Saunders to try and keep Tennessee close against TAMU?

Yes. I'd have been willing to try Darby. She can shoot, sets good screens, has good hands and passes well, and is active on defense.

I don't think anyone would fault her effort, either.

I'm plenty old enough. I've been a Lady Vol fan since the late seventies. As far as where I'm from? I grew up twenty miles west of Knoxville. Any more questions I need to answer, smart ass?

I just asked some questions that I thought might answer why you are odd. Thats all.

Yeah, I agree with you. Besides, the only time anyone says this is when their team loses. Never have I heard, "Yeah, it was a foul on the three that allowed us to win from the FT line, but I wished the refs just let the players decide the game". It's either a foul or not a foul, Pitts did a great job realizing that Rae was off balance and the defense was a bit out of sorts, and smartly took advantage of it. She probably sensed that she was about to get fouled, so she made sure it was while shooting a three. If I were her and the refs didn't call an obvious foul because "let the players decide", I'd be pissed.

I really can't believe all the complaining about the fouls. Refs basically suck, but the fans of every team think they are getting hosed. This board has taken that to a new level.

I like your take. Tough lose but not a bad loss.

I really can't believe all the complaining about the fouls. Refs basically suck, but the fans of every team think they are getting hosed. This board has taken that to a new level.

I like your take. Tough lose but not a bad loss.
We've plenty opportunity to finish against a strong schedule. Step up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
No one on the bench to play. Would you want Darby, Rennie or Saunders to try and keep Tennessee close against TAMU?
Why were they recruited? Why did we waste a scholarship on them. Heck we brought a kid all the way from Australia to ride the pine.

Why were they recruited? Why did we waste a scholarship on them. Heck we brought a kid all the way from Australia to ride the pine.
They were recruited for depth, nothing more. Then they slide further over down the bench as Kellie starts getting better players.

No offense to them, but I don't expect to see Darby or Jessie in any competitive games next year, barring injuries. Too many better options will be available.

Yes. I'd have been willing to try Darby. She can shoot, sets good screens, has good hands and passes well, and is active on defense.

I don't think anyone would fault her effort, either.
No one would fault her effort, but Kayla Wells or Destiny Pitts would be overcome with glee if they had Darby trying to guard her. Two points or two free throws, almost guaranteed.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
giphy.gif

No one would fault her effort, but Kayla Wells or Destiny Pitts would be overcome with glee if they had Darby trying to guard her. Two points or two free throws, almost guaranteed.

Considering that Pitts was 5-7 from the field (including 3-5 threes) and 5-6 FT , not sure how Darby could have done much worse guarding her.

I'd say Pitts is pretty gleeful with her 18 pts off the bench as it is.

If it was going to be easy then just anyone can do it. This is SEC women's basketball, it's not going to be easy, we'll win some we'll lose some. These young women are learning how to play the game at this level as well as playing together. They'll get it together.

If it was going to be easy then just anyone can do it. This is SEC women's basketball, it's not going to be easy, we'll win some we'll lose some. These young women are learning how to play the game at this level as well as playing together. They'll get it together.
I'd say without hesitation, they are trudging the path to a happy destiny.

Reactions: Lucy

VN Store

Back