Game Thread: (16/14) Lady Vols 86 - Mississippi State 64

I thought that was Pat Summitt speaking for a minute. I switched away for a second but the sound was on and I thought that was Pat Summitt's voice for a second.

Probably going to lose tonight. MSST has smaller, faster players and as we get tired I’m afraid it will be turnovers and layups in the second half.

Proud of the players who played in the first half. They came out and fought. We have nothing going for us offensively with this group. It’s all 1 on 1 into a turnover/bad shot or getting it inside.

Puckett looks faster and more energetic tonight than she has been all season.

Lots of dumb plays are keeping State in it. Getting out on the three pt shooter has been a problem all year and it is because of our emphasis on rebounding. This team is small enough that we can give up a little on rebound to make sure we stay out on them.

Rae just needs to settle down. She cannot win the game alone. I’m liking the offensive spread out coming from different players. Need to step up defensively. Tamari should have had double digit points in the first half.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Key should have 30 points in this game. If not thats on the coach for letting anyone else force up another pathetic stupid shot.

Our guards have been consistent about one thing this year... an inability to consistently pass inside to Key. Walker and Miles maybe just too short in too many match ups and today Wynn is a freshman still playing high school ball. I think she'll get a lot better with playing time, but a loss today won't help that
Rae's a shooter, not a scorer (today), but since the injury she's played too much as an individual vs a team player.

VN Store

Back