Game Thread: (#15/12) Lady Vols 59 - Southern Illinois 49

Question for you We all watch the NC State SC or UConn, game how do you think that experienced SIU do against them ? hmm. We struggled to put a a bad team so what you are trying to say is we need Rae to be in the lineup to put away over matched so call experienced SIU team ? I don`t care how experienced they are there not a good team in my opinion. Remember some on this board circle the wagon on the four freshmen ?. Me i don`t change like the weather i call it like i see it. I said the talent level of play in Alabama not that it is in FL, NC, TX, CA and some other states. Now do get me wrong the jury is still out on the four freshmen and they could prove me wrong. But right now i call it like i see it. Message for the ones that are circling the wagon on TN recruiting, Go out and watch the players if you can. We can agree to disagree.

When did anyone say they think this LV team is equal to NC St, SC, or UConn? I didn't. Neither do ranking services or experts in the sport. So why are you drawing comparisons of us to them? I made it clear - if LV's have Horston, Rae, Key for 30 minutes each this game would have been over in the first half. Only reason it was close is because our starters were kept out of the game long enough to make it close.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Thought this was pretty funny.

From part of SIU Coach Stein’s comments:

“I was hoping honestly with the CMA's tonight that the crowd would be really down. I felt like you got two things that can happen, either church service or CMA's. In this part of the country, it's God and country music isn't it. I was just hoping it's one of those two things, Wednesday you've got church right and CMA's. I was hoping the crowd was going to be more in the 1500s."

😁

This might be the year we don’t make the tourney. They looked so bad!
How in the world can you forecast that on the first game. With all of your past negative posts are you the kind of person that posts just to get a jerk reaction from true Lady Vol fans? If so, then you are a poor example of a human being.

Man, if a LV has a bad game the troll posters here are like vultures, declaring you dead and feeding on the carcass. There's so much hatred out there among these trolls for our program and it's legacy of success and excellence. And there's so much irrationality from some of our own fans who expect a national championship every year, even from a coach in a program rebuild mode. It makes me angry at both of groups, and I like to work off that anger by giving it back to them in like kind.
Al, I have learned, unhappily too late, that when you allow losers like the trolls affect your sense of peace, that is on you. Just consider that the troll who is posting has probably been a loser all of his life.

Me three. If it were good news, I'm pretty sure they would have announced it. I'm afraid the silence means they're giving Rae time to process before she has to go out and answer questions.

Not necessarily, MRIs and analyses are not instantaneous and sometimes the imaging can be ambiguous. Getting turnaround in 24 hours is pretty fast so it may not have been reasonable to expect definitive news today.

Last edited:
With Key it is the same as last season. She is being held by the opponent and that is not being called. When she tries to break away they call her for a push or sometimes nothing. If they are not going to call holding which was so obvious then she will get in foul trouble a lot just like last season. You can't prevent a player from holding you only the Refs can stop it.
thats Kelly’s job to fix that. The posession before she got her third she was goi g from the elbow to the lane and the player there, not even one guarding her, lifted her arms up to give her a good shove I. The ribs. And nothing. Easy to get frustrated. Irritates me cuz I gotta big kid. But the 2nd is little, so hoping he can get away with all the same ish as some sort of Larmic justice for my family.

Me three. If it were good news, I'm pretty sure they would have announced it. I'm afraid the silence means they're giving Rae time to process before she has to go out and answer questions.

Agreed. They obviously know at this point, the fact that they aren't releasing the news is an ominous sign...

Possible but not necessarily true.
Depending on the injury, they may have to wait for swelling to go down before they can get an accurate diagnosis.
Now you have ruined it for dearth. With his evident glee in pronouncing Rae done for the year is there anyone on here who still thinks he is a LV fan?
But wait, if it a season ending injury it was obviously due to Kellie’s poor recruiting.

Now you have ruined it for dearth. With his evident glee in pronouncing Rae done for the year is there anyone on here who still thinks he is a LV fan?
But wait, if it a season ending injury it was obviously due to Kellie’s poor recruiting.

That post is a new low for sure and the bottom was aleady waay down low..

Doctor Marcus Darth Welby weighs in with the real scoop.
Featured.png

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
The school cannot disclose any injury information on a player unless the player has signed a release allowing them to do so. A college athlete’s medical records are protected by HIPAA just as everyone else’s are.

thats Kelly’s job to fix that. The posession before she got her third she was goi g from the elbow to the lane and the player there, not even one guarding her, lifted her arms up to give her a good shove I. The ribs. And nothing. Easy to get frustrated. Irritates me cuz I gotta big kid. But the 2nd is little, so hoping he can get away with all the same ish as some sort of Larmic justice for my family.
Totally agree the coaching staff should be able to fix it. Key is going to have to accept some mistreatment and not respond cause the Refs in WCCB sometimes fail to do the job and make the calls.

The school cannot disclose any injury information on a player unless the player has signed a release allowing them to do so. A college athlete’s medical records are protected by HIPAA just as everyone else’s are.
Yes, I know HIPPA well. Which is why I said they're waiting on Rae to be ready to release the info. Hope I'm wrong, but if it were good news I'm pretty sure she would have released it by now.

VN Store

Back