Game Thread: (#11/10) Lady Vols 68 - Kansas 58

This is a tough game everyone back from a team that did lose twice to Texas but by only 9 points both times last season. You have to think all these players are improved over last season. We'll again need to have to refuse to lose attitude to get another win tomorrow.

I hate it! Maryland plays two top 10 games this week and neither is on TV either! It’s a travesty they make people pay to watch these tournaments through an online service, ESPECIALLY if they’re big games…………but I’m going to pay though! 🥴🙄😂
Flo hoops carrying the NcSt Maryland game. Guess getting this game plus some others and the two Tennessee games makes the 29.99 a little more acceptable.

Hearing you take the 12.49 and they charge you for an entire year. If you take the monthly 29.99 just one month.
It depends on what site you go through to subscribe. Evidently, if you went through the uconn ( and possibly other) website, you received a discount and it was only $12 and some change for 1 month and you could cancel without further charges. It's been posted elsewhere.

Does Rae play in front of her home town even if it is for a few minutes?
very unlikely saw some stories they posted of a clip of them practicing in Vegas where Rae was putting up shots and dribbling and just basically doing her own thing when Kellie and the other coaches are instructing the other players

Hearing you take the 12.49 and they charge you for an entire year. If you take the monthly 29.99 just one month.
i was not sign up
i did not sign just post price in case on wanted too. does anybody have kelly coach show link?

Reactions: Volfan2012
Does Rae play in front of her home town even if it is for a few minutes?

Could she be introduced as a starter just for crowd acknowledgement and then be subbed out before the tip? Just curious how that would work.

I doubt thete's any way Kellie would risk losing team focus just for a symbolic gesture. Much more likely to have her throw the ball in during waning seconds of a sure win (I think an injured Laurie Milligan got to do that once...national championship game? My memory isn't that reliable).

Could she be introduced as a starter just for crowd acknowledgement and then be subbed out before the tip? Just curious how that would work.

I doubt thete's any way Kellie would risk losing team focus just for a symbolic gesture. Much more likely to have her throw the ball in during waning seconds of a sure win (I think an injured Laurie Milligan got to do that once...national championship game? My memory isn't that reliable).

Good memory. I can see her throwing it in and shrugging like it was no big deal.

Reactions: mudcat1973
look out! Kansas has a girl on their team that almost singlehandedly beat Tn a couple years ago @ETSU

She is still working back from an ACL injury. Not saying she won’t play a role today, but she’s only been seeing a few minutes, even against poor teams.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
wizard-of.gif

Really excited for this game today. Kansas matches up with us pretty well in terms of size until you get to the guard spots. Really hope to see Tamari win the battle of 6’6”. Clear the boards and look to receive the ball on offense. Their Center tends to have foul trouble, if we can get her in a bit they really drop off in the post in terms of talent.

Horston will have some mismatches. We missed her on the block a few times in that Texas game. Expect to see her get a couple easy buckets posting up small guards.

We need to bring the same defensive energy and rebounding effort we have so far this season. Offensively our shot selection was much better in the last game so that needs to continue. Would be nice to see us get a few more easy buckets in transition. Collect those long rebounds for run outs.

Key point for me today will be to see fewer turnovers. I don’t feel like Kansas has quite the defensive prowess as several of the teams we have played already. With less ball pressure I’d like to see us around 15 turnovers max. If we execute in that aspect and rebound well we should get significantly more looks at the basket.

So far this season we have been tough enough to hold our opponent to a poor enough shooting % we haven’t been burned too bad by the TOs. So far Kanasas is a good % shooting team though so we can’t give them a lot of easy looks at the basket.

Jasmine Jones did.

Just a little off topic but not sure where else to put this, but USF has done it again. They upset Stanford! While it might be tempting to discount Stanford with their Texas loss, they followed that loss with a win over #4 Indiana. In any case, USF is playing like a top 10 team. Good for the LVs!

We really can’t worry about how bad KU has beaten other teams or where they are projected to finish in the Big 12. If we do we need to worry why KU beat Southern Illinois by 38 points and we only beat them by 10. What we need to do is hope Key continues her excellent play, Horston continues her hot shooting, Dye comes alive and play as she did against TxA&M in the NCAA tournament, we improve our free throw and 3 point %, and we continue to play lock down defense. If we can do all that, we got a chance to beat any of the top 25 teams. Go Lady Vols!!!

We really can’t worry about how bad KU has beaten other teams or where they are projected to finish in the Big 12. If we do we need to worry why KU beat Southern Illinois by 38 points and we only beat them by 10. What we need to do is hope Key continues her excellent play, Horston continues her hot shooting, Dye comes alive and play as she did against TxA&M in the NCAA tournament, we improve our free throw and 3 point %, and we continue to play lock down defense. If we can do all that, we got a chance to beat any of the top 25 teams. Go Lady Vols!!!
We faced two different Southern Illinois team and us with almost 3 starters out

VN Store

Back