Game clock

I love how the Rutgers guys are giving their girls a complete bye for the classless game they played. I've never seen more intentional, rough fouls in a women's game. They're just lucky they were in a position for this to even be a controversy. There should have been a charge on the other end for the 'girl' throwing her shoulder into Candace, and it should have been a Technical at the end of the game on Anosike.

Summit says, "We just found a way to win!" Nice spin Pat.

Why doesn't she say, "Somebody/thing helped us cheat!"

She is a bald faced LIAR and this win (with a question mark) will also have an asterick on her career. UT was beat on the floor by a better team, and gets to sit at #1. That's classless. She refuses to honestly testify to what she REALLY thinks happend. IMO, it puts her on the same level as IMUS.

:no:

Einstein demonstrated the theory of relativity.

Not to get technical here, but if something is demonstrated then it's no longer a theory but a law. Einstein formulated the theory of relativity but it's never been proven. If you're going to try to pass yourself off as intelligent, then know what you're talking about. By the way since you're from Jersey, I have to ask what off ramp are you from?

Not to get technical here, but if something is demonstrated then it's no longer a theory but a law. Einstein formulated the theory of relativity but it's never been proven. If you're going to try to pass yourself off as intelligent, then know what you're talking about. By the way since you're from Jersey, I have to ask what off ramp are you from?

:birgits_giggle:

I can't believe all of the uneducated comments throughout this discussion. For the record southerners have educations, some better than others. I have three degrees, and then you have rutgers fans ranting and raving about a call that the refs, and everyone else has reviewed a hundred times now. We (Tennessee Vols) won and thats that. No astrisks, no mark on records, and no steroids. Let the final four decide who the best team is. GO VOLS.

35667770.jpg

Haw-haw!

What took you so long? I figured you would be on the board a lot sooner today.

For those that keep repeating the "fact" that only the ref's whistle can stop the clock, Mike Constable, owner/inventor of the Precision Time System used during the game called BS on that explanation. According to him, the ref's whistles are wirelessly connected to the time clock but the timekeeper also has the ability to stop and start the clock. NJ.com: Everything Jersey
If the ref's whistle stopped the clock, why on Earth did it start again? Something went wrong and Tennessee athletic officials are playing games.
I don't want to take away from a great program. The Lady Vols have a legendary coach, the team is loaded with great talent and the program has already been where Rutgers is striving to get. I know a lot of UT alumni that I am very fond of and have read posts by a number of decent fans here, but there are some real jerks among you too. Apparently, the jerkiest rise to the level of moderator.
What happened at the close of that game flat out stinks. If all conferences were to upgrade their equipment, a repeat is less likely to happen: NJ.com: Everything Jersey
Rutgers will move past what happened and hopefully whip the Lady Vols during the tournament on a neutral court. I'll return then.

I'm a Vols fan and have been for many years. However, it is difficult to simply dismiss or rationalize in some way what seemed quite obviously to be a clock malfunction or a human error or God forbid, an intentional stoppage of the clock. Like all of you, I've watched, and I continue to watch the replay. Yes, the clock stopped at 0.02 sec and I do not see Anosike getting fowled before "time" had expired. But IT's OVER. THINGS WILL NOT CHANGE. No action will be taken by anyone. So, I am stopping all of this! No more watching the replays. Our season goes on from here. The playoffs will see both UT and RU participating.

I'm a Vols fan and have been for many years. However, it is difficult to simply dismiss or rationalize in some way what seemed quite obviously to be a clock malfunction or a human error or God forbid, an intentional stoppage of the clock. Like all of you, I've watched, and I continue to watch the replay. Yes, the clock stopped at 0.02 sec and I do not see Anosike getting fowled before "time" had expired. But IT's OVER. THINGS WILL NOT CHANGE. No action will be taken by anyone. So, I am stopping all of this! No more watching the replays. Our season goes on from here. The playoffs will see both UT and RU participating.

You join the board to make this post, your 1st post no less. Interesting! The Lady Vols Won. The Win is Legit. Everyone get over it.

Reading through this thread reminds me of the class Rutgers has shown before. :good!:

Townhall.com::The Death of Sportsmanship::By Brent Bozell III

Rutgers University is known as the birthplace of college football, but in the last few weeks it's seemed more like the deathplace of sportsmanship. On Sept. 7, Rutgers hosted Navy's football team. What respect was shown in the wake of the midshipmen's forthcoming service to the country and the approaching Sept. 11 anniversary? The rowdy student fans of Rutgers hurled obscenities at Navy, thoroughly embarrassing their college and their town.

Rutgers won the game but lost any sense of honor and decency. Navy was booed and peppered with "You suck!" chants when they stepped on the field to start both halves. When Navy kick returner Reggie Campbell came up limping after a tackle, students chanted: "You got f-ed up! You got f-ed up! You got f-ed up!" Toward the end of the second half, Rutgers students began to serenade an adjacent section of Navy fans and uniformed midshipmen: "'F- you, Navy! F- you, Navy! F- you, Navy!'"

You join the board to make this post, your 1st post no less. Interesting! The Lady Vols Won. The Win is Legit. Everyone get over it.

Thanks! Not only is it my first post, but it's my first computer also. I've been following UT for about 25 years or so....ever since I was in my teens. I agree with you....we need to move on. The past is the past and we all learn from it. The future is what's important.

Thanks! Not only is it my first post, but it's my first computer also. I've been following UT for about 25 years or so....ever since I was in my teens. I agree with you....we need to move on. The past is the past and we all learn from it. The future is what's important.
In that case, welcome to the 1990s. :)

Seriously, welcome to the board.

In that case, welcome to the 1990s. :)

Seriously, welcome to the board.

Thanks, Vader. Now I no longer have to read about UT in the newspapers! This is great! As long as I don't lose my next-door neighbor for help, I can use this thing.
Anyone here from Etowah?

I can't believe all of the uneducated comments throughout this discussion. For the record southerners have educations, some better than others. I have three degrees, and then you have rutgers fans ranting and raving about a call that the refs, and everyone else has reviewed a hundred times now. We (Tennessee Vols) won and thats that. No astrisks, no mark on records, and no steroids. Let the final four decide who the best team is. GO VOLS.
My money is none of the three are English degrees.:p

VN Store

Back