Gabe Jeudy-Lally to UT

Glad to see us start to fill our biggest need, would love to see us grab another or even two DBs out of the portal

I’m no football coach, but I’ll tell you what needs to happen… We need to get all of our dbacks in a drill where someone is constantly throwing deep balls to receivers. Our group of defensive backs are so bad at running down the field and recognizing when the receiver is looking for the ball and getting their own heads turned around. If the defensive back is looking for the ball, the refs will let you get away with a whole lot. But when you just tackle the receiver, it’s PI every time. I’ve never seen a collect unit so unbelievably bad at this one particular skill as our group.

Last edited:
Bob Kesling: "Lawdy-Jawdy with the interception....."
Bob: “Pat, great play there by Jude Law. Apparently he gave up a promising acting career to play college football”.
Pat Ryan: “Um, Bob, I don’t think that’s….”
Bob: “And, he played at Vandy, so you know he’s smart and then he moved to Brigs Ham Young where I think you have at least two wives. So, he’s probably very responsible and mature”.

I know nothing about this guy, however that is enough to believe he should be our #1 CB this Fall lol

Educational material :)

BYU summary: In his one season at BYU (2022), Jeudy-Lally played in all 13 games (10 starts) and recorded 47 tackles (31 solo), with 0.5 sacks, and seven pass breakups. In three seasons at Vanderbilt (roster years 2019-2021), Jeudy-Lally played in 23 games and had 63 tackles, one tackle for loss, two pass breakups, and two interceptions (BYUcougars.com).

• 2023 (Graduate transfer). Entered the transfer portal on December 28, 2022 with two years of eligibility remaining.
  • 2022 (Senior). Grad transfer to BYU. Played in 13 games (10 starts), and recorded 47 tackles (31 solo), with 0.5 sacks, and seven pass breakups.
  • 2021 (Junior). Played in 12 games and had 50 tackles (35 solo) with one interception and one pass breakup
  • 2020 (Sophomore). Played in seven games (three starts) and had 13 tackles, one tackle for loss, one interception, and one pass breakup
  • 2019 (Freshman). Four games played

• 2023 (Graduate transfer). Entered the transfer portal on December 28, 2022 with two years of eligibility remaining.
  • 2022 (Senior). Grad transfer to BYU. Played in 13 games (10 starts), and recorded 47 tackles (31 solo), with 0.5 sacks, and seven pass breakups.
  • 2021 (Junior). Played in 12 games and had 50 tackles (35 solo) with one interception and one pass breakup
  • 2020 (Sophomore). Played in seven games (three starts) and had 13 tackles, one tackle for loss, one interception, and one pass breakup

Wow....2 years remaining........I wish I could have played college golf for 6 freaking years!

Wow....2 years remaining........I wish I could have played college golf for 6 freaking years!
If you had travelled to China and engineered a virus to wipe out a year of eligibility? You could've.

If you had travelled to China and engineered a virus to wipe out a year of eligibility? You could've.
4etry8.gif

CB: Slaughter-Williams
CB: Lally-Matthews
NB: McDonald-Turnage
S: Charles-Thomas
S: Walker-McCullough

That would be my guess right now…it’s going to be fun watching this play out in spring and fall camp

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back