Gabe Jeudy-Lally to UT

Maybe he thinks he’s good enough to play in the nfl and thinks the exposure will be good in sec?

No idea though. I do like the older high character guys being added to the lockerroom though. Defense didn’t seem to have a lot of leadership this past year. Leader that we did have was Banks who’s got questionable decision making at best.
He's played in SEC and he's also from Charlotte, wants to play closer to home too

The kid is a moving target for sure - I just hope he can cover a moving target

High character, smart kid. Vandy was the only school in a P5 to offer him out of high school. He was offered by Ivy league teams and all three service academies. He was a three star from Ardrey Kell HS in Charlotte, NC.
Stats do not cut and paste well, so here is a link:
Gabe Jeudy-Lally Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Recruiting profile here:
Gabe Jeudy-Lally Recruit Interests

According to on3, he was also offered by Northwestern (2nd offer). Nearly every Ivy League school offered, along with most major military academies.

Reactions: Bret178
His 7 passes defender would've been first on our team just ahead of Slaughter and McDonald with 6. He's got great size (6'2") Ave has played in the SEC. I'm very excited for him.

I believe that'll lock down one of the positions. Safety seems locked down as well with Walker, McCollough, and Turrentine (hopefully Charles gets moved back to safety as well), NB has McDonald and I would assume Slaughter might be moved back there. Then someone between Burrell, Hadden, Slaughter, Rucker, Turnage, or one of the freshman (Gibson, Matthews, Conyer) can lock down the other position. There's just an insane amount of talent and experience in the secondary, they just have to figure something out.

Gotta be one of the worst kept secrets this recruiting cycle. Everyone knew it was coming. While the timing was expected, one would have thought some of our current DB's would have jumped into the portal. Guess they're not intimidated by Gabe or they just had no place to go? My guess is the latter.

His 7 passes defender would've been first on our team just ahead of Slaughter and McDonald with 6. He's got great size (6'2") Ave has played in the SEC. I'm very excited for him.

I believe that'll lock down one of the positions. Safety seems locked down as well with Walker, McCollough, and Turrentine (hopefully Charles gets moved back to safety as well), NB has McDonald and I would assume Slaughter might be moved back there. Then someone between Burrell, Hadden, Slaughter, Rucker, Turnage, or one of the freshman (Gibson, Matthews, Conyer) can lock down the other position. There's just an insane amount of talent and experience in the secondary, they just have to figure something out.
I hope they move Charles back to safety

He maybe struggled at corner more than anyone.

I can't help but feel optimistic about the DB's. I have no doubt they'll be better. Gabe Jeudy Lally is the best corner on our roster already. His resume proves that.

So we really need one other corner to step up and I think that's bound to happen with all the experience in that room and the fact that they're all healthy for spring practice unlike last year.

Heck one of the freshman DBs might end up being a stud from the get go

Slaughter at one corner this guy at the other. Need to figure out the safety position though. We’re terrible there

Reactions: LAVol1

VN Store

Back