'19 GA WR Ramel Keyton (Tennessee signee)

The Vols are also trending well with guys like TE Sean Brown, who will make his college choice on May 12, DB Jaydon Hill, who has seen his recruitment explode in the last six weeks, WR Ramel Keyton and LB Jamie Pettway, who will be back on campus again this Saturday.

Hubbs

Reactions: 7 people
Per Chad Simmons- Tennessee leads for Keyton with Auburn a fairly distant 2nd.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Marietta has a 2021 WR in Jaquez Smith that got several offers yesterday, including Tennessee. The only one Keyton retweeted was Tennessee's.

Reactions: 6 people

Shared this article with a guy who's pretty close to UT recruiting, has known most of these kids since they were in middle school, and he said the implications of Bailey's picks shouldn't be minimized. UT was apparently most of their dream schools, but that was lost during the Jones years. He thinks its picking back up some steam.

I know it should all be taken with a grain of salt, but it was exciting to hear that. He's feeling pretty good about a couple of the guys mentioned, but he wouldn't specify.

Reactions: 6 people
Shared this article with a guy who's pretty close to UT recruiting, has known most of these kids since they were in middle school, and he said the implications of Bailey's picks shouldn't be minimized. UT was apparently most of their dream schools, but that was lost during the Jones years. He thinks its picking back up some steam.

I know it should all be taken with a grade of slaw, but it was exciting to hear that. He's feeling pretty good about a couple of the guys mentioned, but he wouldn't specify.

fyp

Ramel needs to tell Wanya that UT is a better choice than the Barn, and to come on and get with the good guys.

four-star junior wide receiver ramel keyton of marietta (ga.) high school told govols247 on thursday morning that he's planning to visit tennessee on saturday.

The 6-foot-3, 186-pound keyton will be visiting the vols for the second time in less than two months and the sixth time since september 2016. He most recently traveled to tennessee on march 3 for its latest junior day.

Keyton told govols247 last month that the vols were "probably" in his "top two," with ohio state and auburn representing tennessee's primary competition. On march 30, he announced that ohio state, tennessee, auburn, miami, penn state and ole miss were his top six college choices.

First-year vols coach jeremy pruitt's staff is one of the reasons he's high on tennessee.

“the coaching staff, i like the relationship with them,” keyton said last month. “they were my third offer, so i’ve always been with tennessee. But then the new coaching staff came, and it didn’t fall off. It just stayed the same.

“i feel like they’re going to be more successful with the new coaching staff change. (pruitt is) bringing a whole new staff. They’re really trying to win. That’s their main focus, so i like that.”

he's ranked the no. 167 overall prospect and no. 27 wide receiver in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. He's also ranked by 247sports as the no. 168 overall player and no. 26 receiver in the 2019 class.

Reactions: 4 people
You still hear about programs such as Ohio State and Penn State when talking about Keyton, but the Marietta (Ga.) star will likely stay closer to home in the end. He may take official visits and he could be convinced that going farther away is best for him, but Auburn and Tennessee look to be two programs with the best shot with Keyton at this time. Auburn could do some real damage in Georgia this cycle and Tennessee hopes to as well. The Vols have worked the early playing time angle with Keyton and that could pay off.

Prediction: Tennessee

-Chad Simmons

Reactions: 4 people
he's ranked the no. 167 overall prospect and no. 27 wide receiver in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. He's also ranked by 247sports as the no. 168 overall player and no. 26 receiver in the 2019 class

that's kind of crazy. 27 WR's in the top 170? nearly 16% of the top players are WR's? seems high.

is that just because WR's are super deep this year? just quantity of players available to rate? or maybe the position is overvalued?

that's kind of crazy. 27 WR's in the top 170? nearly 16% of the top players are WR's? seems high.

is that just because WR's are super deep this year? just quantity of players available to rate? or maybe the position is overvalued?

Well let's see....
tenor.gif

Yes.

VN Store

Back