'20 GA WR Ladd McConkey

Whew Ladd!!
Looks taller. Skinny as a rail. Wonder if he can keep his skill set with an extra 30 pounds on him

1579656625609.png

1579656665018.png

McConkey was tempted to commit with Smart in his living room, but he said Smart didn't expect him to make an immediate decision and encouraged him to sit down with his family to let things soak in. There is a lot McConkey is having to think about, because Vanderbilt came calling Tuesday with a scholarship offer, and Tennessee offensive coordinator Jim Chaney showed up at North Murray on Tuesday and invited McConkey to visit Knoxville this weekend.

Although North Murray is filled with supporters of the red and black, McConkey said he grew up in a Tennessee household and that his grandfather was a big fan of the Volunteers. "I thought I had a good idea about all this, but these last couple of days have changed a lot about my recruiting process," McConkey said. "We're trying to figure out a date to make my decision, and it's got to be a place where I feel I can be successful and have a great four years. I don't have a specific date. It will be whenever I feel like it."

North Murray's Ladd McConkey never will forget Kirby Smart's visit, scholarship offer

Last edited:
I really like this kid, but I also really like Holden Willis. If we offer Mcconkey why isn’t there an offer for Holden willis? Willis is bigger and almost as fast. Mcconkey must just be a solid receiver prospect. Think if we offer Mcconkey he’s gonna commit to us pretty quickly. He’s a big time Tennessee fan!

Reactions: F0Rt_V0L
That video was impressive. I wonder how good the DB prospects were? We need slot receivers with good route running and separation skills.

I really like this kid, but I also really like Holden Willis. If we offer Mcconkey why isn’t there an offer for Holden willis? Willis is bigger and almost as fast. Mcconkey must just be a solid receiver prospect. Think if we offer Mcconkey he’s gonna commit to us pretty quickly. He’s a big time Tennessee fan!
Holden is likely to go to South Florida, tbh.

Watched Ladd play every game at North Murray. In 2019, I can count on one hand the number of times he was tackled behind the line. Super quick and a brain for the game. It looked he was playing ball in the backyard on a lot of plays. The kid is a playmaker and a good human being. The Vols would be a better team if he is on it.

I'm not saying he couldn't be an impact slot WR, but how many of those guys do we already have? Then you have Merrill in the '21 class.
Maybe we’re trying to recreate Chiefs offense with guys like Hill and Hardman stretching the field laterally and vertically

Maybe we’re trying to recreate Chiefs offense with guys like Hill and Hardman stretching the field laterally and vertically

im totally cool with all the quickness,speed and pure athleticism we are adding to that group. Its refreshing. It will not be fun chasing these guys around in the coming years.

im totally cool with all the quickness,speed and pure athleticism we are adding to that group. Its refreshing. It will not be fun chasing these guys around in the coming years.

Ok this guy is now my NEW favorite sleeper this year. Hope coach wants him too.. Give me this guy, Dee Beckwith, and the fast guy from Florida and I am good to go..... I am of the OPINION we can get 28 in this cycle with some tricks... for a big ugly or two.

Reactions: RiseToTheTop
I've seen him play football and basketball (region rivals of my step daughter's school) Kid is pretty slick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kristy*

VN Store

Back