'20 GA WR Ladd McConkey

Clemson has been re ruining him for awhile. They invited him up last year for a game. It is true Pruitt doing in-home tonight, expect an offer.
Thanks, Rusty. Who do you think he ends up signing with?

Don’t think his dad is a coach. Several have said that but pretty sure he isn’t. Former Dalton QB and older brother was QB at North Murray a few years ago. Think he went to West Georgia maybe?

Reactions: Jdw2920 and TC 83
Would prefer Wideman or Caldwell as they are the bigger guys we need on the perimeter but I wouldn’t hate adding this kid. Be a steal as a PWO

Reactions: Kristy*
Don’t think his dad is a coach. Several have said that but pretty sure he isn’t. Former Dalton QB and older brother was QB at North Murray a few years ago. Think he went to West Georgia maybe?
Believe they were trying to throw out all the cliches attached to a white skill position player.

Reactions: sonofUT62
So I heard an interview with him today in 105.1 here in Chattanooga. At one point in the conversation they said being from north Georgia it must be a dream come true getting the offer from Georgia...did you always grow up rooting for the bull dogs. There was a long awkward pause and he finally says...well sir I grew up in a Tennessee household. My grandpa was a die hard vol and he made sure we all were too. It was awesome. The kid played qb his senior year but really became a legend in the 8th game of the season. He scored 7tds. But it was how he scored them that was so amazing. 2 passing tds, 2 rushing tds, 2 long punt return tds (one was 80 something yards and the other was 70 something)...then to cap it all off he had a pic 6. People in east TN definitely know this kid. I would love to see him in orange. We need a few life long vol fans in every class

Last edited:
So I heard an interview with him today in 105.1 here in Chattanooga. At one point in the conversation they said being from north ya it was to be a dream come true getting the offer from Georgia...did you always grow up rooting for the bull dogs. There was a long awkward pause and he finally says...well sir I grew up in a Tennessee household. My grandpa was a die hard vol and he made sure we all were too. It was awesome. The kid played qb his senior year but really became a legend in the 8th game of the season. He scored 7tds. But it was how he scored them that was so amazing. 2 passing tds, 2 rushing tds, 2 long punt return tds (one was 80 something yemards and the other was 70 something)...then to cap it all off he had a pic 6. People in east TN definitely know this kid. I would love to see him in orange. We need a few life long vol fans in every class
Holy cow. Have they tried em at kicker?

I work with a fellow who is close to his family and he said the kid is TN’s to lose (that really hurt for the old Dawg fan to say). Supposedly he has big TN fans in the family and grew up a TN fan. He’s a take in my opinion. He’s silky smooth in routes and you can tell he’s just a good football player by the tape. Nothing looks awkward for him. Plus he loves TN! We’ve always grabbed these types of guys from around the Knox area in the past...why not grab one out of the N. GA mountains? I think he can develop into a great player and Pruitt supposedly told him he thought he could anywhere in the SEC.

Last edited:
My guess is we offer a full ride, but ask him to visit on his own dime and blueshirt, so we can count him towards next year’s class.

VN Store

Back