'19 GA WR Jadon Haselwood (Oklahoma commit)

Tennessee: "Coach Z (Zach Azzanni, wide receivers) and I have a strong relationship and I really think he could coach me up. I have been there for games, I have been there for camps and I like the feeling I get up there."-Chad Simmons

Haselwood is going to commit soon, 2019 5 star commit, is very popular with other 2019 commits and will hit the ground running with getting kids to join him.

Maybe as soon as this weekend:)

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty good bet wherever Haselwood goes, Sheffield follows. Tn would get a 2 for 1 5-star package.

T.J. Sheffield from Independence has already committed to us for 2019. Which Sheffield are you talking about buddy? Thanks! Edit: Are you talking about Jashawn Sheffield from Georgia too?

Last edited:
T.J. Sheffield from Independence has already committed to us for 2019. Which Sheffield are you talking about buddy? Thanks! Edit: Are you talking about Jashawn Sheffield from Georgia too?

Yeah, they talk on Twitter a LOT that they are going to the same school. Whoever Haselwood picks will influence Sheffield. Very rarely is the package deal just about a friendship but definitely can increase your chances.

Reactions: 1 person
Beat me to it. I can’t get the search function to find anything I need.

The UGA folks jumping all over this tweet, so they must assume he’s another silent to them.

Beat me to it. I can’t get the search function to find anything I need.

The UGA folks jumping all over this tweet, so they must assume he’s another silent to them.

He's been committed to them for almost a year.

Well, it’s confusing because he’s gone on like a million unofficial visits all over the country. Guess that’s the life of a top of the class type. Seems a little off to me. Doesn’t sound really “committed”.

But they’re probly right. Just enjoying the ‘cruitin’.

We mentioned earlier that five-star Georgia WR commit Jadon Haselwood made it in today. I'm told it actually wasn't his first visit to Tennessee, but it was obviously a big step for the Vols to get him back on campus. He was joined on the visit by teammate Rashad Cheney, a four-star defensive lineman who recently decommitted from Georgia.

- Callahan

Reactions: 8 people
- Callahan

Yeah, I remember a story about that decommit and how UGA “only” had three five stars in its class or something. I think these ‘19 kids are starting to see that Kirby isn’t the dark lord Saban reincarnate. Without that early signing period no way their class is that good.

“coach pruitt has been recruiting me since he was at ‘bama, so i just went down there to check it back out,” said haselwood, who’s ranked the no. 3 overall prospect and no. 1 wide receiver in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “it was pretty cool. It was more than what i expected, so that’s all a really good thing.

While haselwood said he came away from his past visits to tennessee with a favorable opinion of the vols, he admitted he “wouldn’t have considered going there — back then, i wouldn’t — because i just couldn’t see myself there.” “but now things have changed a little bit, maybe because of the coaching staff,” added haselwood, who previously attended tennessee’s win over florida at neyland stadium on sept. 24, 2016.

“the coaches that just got in, they came from winning programs, so i know the program that they’re about to build right now is going to be pretty solid.” “when butch jones was there, it was kind of a different vibe,” haselwood said. “i can feel it now, though.”

johnson, who left memphis last month to complete pruitt’s first staff at tennessee, made a good first impression on haselwood. “i can tell we were brought up the same way,” haselwood said of johnson. “we kind of clicked, with the way he was talking and stuff. Definitely, that’s a good thing, too — pretty cool.”

haselwood said pruitt, johnson and the rest of the vols’ coaches made it clear that they plan to continue recruiting him despite his commitment to georgia. “basically, they were saying they’re trying to stretch the ball vertically and make explosive plays and stuff like that. And they said i’m the perfect guy to do it,” haselwood said. “(pruitt) said that i remind him of some receiver that played for lsu back in the day, and he said i’m pretty aggressive and he likes that.”

Reactions: 2 people
Just saw where he said he’s committed until further notice we’re trying to get that final official visit spot between us and auburn anybody know if there would be a good chance of that happening

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back