(North Gwinnett)

Jared Ivey, North Gwinnett, Weak-Side Defensive End
Jared Ivey, 2020 Weakside defensive end - Rivals.com
Jared Ivey on Hudl

Vols Recruitment timeline
5/17/19 - Vols offer.
6/15/19 - Official Visit

Last edited:
I wonder if it’s his leanness that plays a role in his ranking. IE a fear his frame can carry the weight needed to continue playing the position at a high level.

6’6” 215 is pretty thin.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Long frame, long wingspan... Needs a year or so in the weight room... But he could be a big athletic, fast olb... Or a tight end.... What was that kid's name at UGA a couple years ago... Carter? That kind of player... Eventually.

Long frame, long wingspan... Needs a year or so in the weight room... But he could be a big athletic, fast olb... Or a tight end.... What was that kid's name at UGA a couple years ago... Carter? That kind of player... Eventually.

Lorenzo Carter, was probably at least 25 to 30 lbs heavier coming out of High School and 40 to 45 lbs heavier upon leaving UGA, certainly the the same wingspan though.

Lorenzo Carter, was probably at least 25 to 30 lbs heavier coming out of High School and 40 to 45 lbs heavier upon leaving UGA, certainly the the same wingspan though.
Yeah.. Just taking frame and wingspan...I wouldn't imagine this kid would be really ready for a year or two

Yeah.. Just taking frame and wingspan...I wouldn't imagine this kid would be really ready for a year or two

I am liking what I'm seeing from our Strength and Conditioning staff so far. One year with them he could be beast mode ready with that frame, providing he has the attitude and killer instinct to go with his physical set.

I am liking what I'm seeing from our Strength and Conditioning staff so far. One year with them he could be beast mode ready with that frame, providing he has the attitude and killer instinct to go with his physical set.
Maybe.. Feel like he needs a lot of weight added. Good weight takes some time.

But yeah...I agree.

I wonder if it’s his leanness that plays a role in his ranking. IE a fear his frame can carry the weight needed to continue playing the position at a high level.

6’6” 215 is pretty thin.
About the size of Justin Hunter when he arrived. He was long and skinny!!

Like everyone has been saying , long and skinny. Hasnt has much help imo from dts and the other end. Still had around 10 sacks this past year

in 6 months Burrell has changed his body to the point he looks like an SEC defensive back. what a wonderful selling point to Ivey a kid who definitely needs to add pounds to his frame.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

VN Store

Back