'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

Can't hurt with Gilbert?

-Simonton
DearSnarlingGrayfox-small.gif

“BJ Ojulari is a really nice pickup for Tennessee,” 247Sports national analyst Charles Power told GoVols247. “He's a rangy, explosive edge defender who can rush the passer from a two or three-point stance.”

“Ojulari has a nice combination of length and athleticism and is battle-tested playing against top competition at Marietta,” Power said.

Ojulari was clocked at 4.78 seconds in the 40 at a regional for The Opening in March. He had a time of 4.39 seconds in the shuttle and a head-turning 42.6-inch vertical.

“He showed some encouraging signs as a run defender during his junior season. Ojulari was a riser for us at 247Sports coming out of The Opening Finals–he was impressive in drills and 1-on-1’s,” Power said. “Oftentimes we'll see lighter edge rushers get pushed around some in that setting, but that wasn't the case with Ojulari.

“He showed very good strength and and physicality once the pads came on and I'd only expect him to continue progressing on that front when he gets to Knoxville.”

“Anytime you can dip into the state of Georgia and beat other SEC programs for one of the state's top pass rushers, that's a big win on the recruiting trail,”
Power said of Ojulari’s commitment on Friday.

“Additionally, it's not a very deep year for pass rushers nationally, which only increases Ojulari's value.”

Analysis: Vols add 'rangy, explosive edge defender' in Ojulari

"My recruitment wasn’t as smooth as people think. Throughout the process I looked for a place I can make an impact — somewhere that felt like home for me. "My recruitment got very hectic around late July. LSU is a great school in my opinion and I had felt like that was the right place after the two visits, but later towards decision day, about a week before I sat down and just thought about the decision. I realized that I didn’t take everything into account."
About a week before is when he made those comments that made me think he was talking about us. Not the past couple days like the media was saying.

VN Store

Back