GA TE Kyle Morlock (Shorter University transfer)

Maybe a better way to have said it would be that overthrows are not the only issue. So many posts acting like that's the only thing to fix. He doesn't go through progressions. If the primary receiver isn't open he just stares them down waiting for them to get open and doesn't see other open receivers. No touch on short to intermediate throws. Low football IQ and general accuracy issues. Pretty much all of the things you would list as must haves for a good QB and he doesn't check the box for any of them. I would love to see him turn that around cause we will need good QB play for the bowl game and the start of next season but not expecting to see it

Maybe a better way to have said it would be that overthrows are not the only issue. So many posts acting like that's the only thing to fix. He doesn't go through progressions. If the primary receiver isn't open he just stares them down waiting for them to get open and doesn't see other open receivers. No touch on short to intermediate throws. Low football IQ and general accuracy issues. Pretty much all of the things you would list as must haves for a good QB and he doesn't check the box for any of them. I would love to see him turn that around cause we will need good QB play for the bowl game and the start of next season but not expecting to see it

You should watch our offense more. There’s very few progressions. We have a primary Wr, we let him work. If it’s not there we take off

Reactions: NighthawkVol
You should watch our offense more. There’s very few progressions. We have a primary Wr, we let him work. If it’s not there we take off

This is mostly correct. There are progressions, but they’re much simpler and fewer than other offenses. Milton goes through them fine. Folks saying he doesn’t have the mental side down are grasping. He knows the offense, he makes the correct reads, he’s sometimes wild. Fix the last part and he’ll be fantastic. Don’t fix the last part and he won’t start. Simple as that.

This is mostly correct. There are progressions, but they’re much simpler and fewer than other offenses. Milton goes through them fine. Folks saying he doesn’t have the mental side down are grasping. He knows the offense, he makes the correct reads, he’s sometimes wild. Fix the last part and he’ll be fantastic. Don’t fix the last part and he won’t start. Simple as that.

Something else to consider about the “mental side.” A huge part of that is getting into the right play at the LOS. Milton is good in this area (coaches praised this aspect of his game when he was named starter leading into the 2021 season). All those long runs against Vanderbilt were due in part to being in the right play against their defense.

I’m not saying Nico or Tayven can’t get this side of things down next year, but Joe does and that matters.

I agree there are few progressions. The issue is he doesn't go through any of them. This was on full display several times last year in the Pitt game where he would stare receivers down and not see others that were open. I'll take your comment to indicate you think Milton is a good QB and I'm way off. Look forward to your feedback after the bowl game

I agree there are few progressions. The issue is he doesn't go through any of them. This was on full display several times last year in the Pitt game where he would stare receivers down and not see others that were open. I'll take your comment to indicate you think Milton is a good QB and I'm way off. Look forward to your feedback after the bowl game

Watch Hooker. He stared down WRs too. QBs fail to find the open guy all the time. It’s hard to claim he’s failing to go through his progressions when neither you nor I know his progressions.

Also going through your progressions perfectly doesn’t prevent you from not seeing an open player. There’s no set of progressions that will prevent that.

The 2021 Pitt game? He'd been on campus a month. He's light years ahead of that now, in terms of the mental side. Why would we base his understanding of the mental side of things on the 2021 Pitt game?

The 2021 Pitt game? He'd been on campus a month. He's light years ahead of that now, in terms of the mental side. Why would we base his understanding of the mental side of things on the 2021 Pitt game?

I was referring to the other comment that our offense doesn't have progressions which is ridiculous. I'm not sure what game you have watched Milton play in since then where he has so clearly convinced you that he has suddenly overcome his issues and become a good QB. Couple of deep balls in blow outs? A simplified game plan against Vandy to limit most of the throws to out in the flat or deep balls (which by the way showed the staff didn't trust him the throw much over the middle)? He was terrible passing against Vandy by the way although some like to overlook that and even give him credit for the running game. As I've said before, I would truly love to see Milton have a huge game mainly so we aren't in a bad position starting next year. But he has not shown anything on the field with a game on the line to show he has improved.

Watch Hooker. He stared down WRs too. QBs fail to find the open guy all the time. It’s hard to claim he’s failing to go through his progressions when neither you nor I know his progressions.

Also going through your progressions perfectly doesn’t prevent you from not seeing an open player. There’s no set of progressions that will prevent that.

If your argument is that you think Milton is a good QB then we can just agree to disagree. I hope he is but we'll find out a lot more in the bowl game.

FSU sounds very confident here. Saying he will announce this week and not take more visits.

VN Store

Back