‘23 GA SDE Victor Burley (Clemson commit)

Was always going to be difficult to pull this kid from the defending National champions and a team that has been in the playoffs more times than any school not named Alabama.

Reactions: Devo182
I’m hopeful here. Though his name does sound like a Clemson or uga player. CRG is due to pull a 5star d lineman and hoping this guy is it.

Reactions: bigvol67
They've made every CFP since 2014, won 2 natty's, and still won 10 games last year in a "down year." I hate Clemson but they are a much, much better program than us *right now*
You can't have a top 10 program in Tennessee and in Clemson it just doesn't happen recruit 2 much of the same players, and the reason why they've been running the acc the last decade is because no turn over at the coordinator position, their time is quite literally up

They've made every CFP since 2014, won 2 natty's, and still won 10 games last year in a "down year." I hate Clemson but they are a much, much better program than us *right now*
Over the past decade I would agree, they have been much better. Presently, "right now", today, I disagree that they're "much, much better".

It's just my humble opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree with me and that's ok..

Over the past decade I would agree, they have been much better. Presently, "right now", today, I disagree that they're "much, much better".

It's just my humble opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree with me and that's ok..
If they have another "down" year by their standards then I'll agree. Just hard for me to say that after only one year of no CFP.

Last edited:
Reactions: walkenvol and m1al
I’m hopeful here. Though his name does sound like a Clemson or uga player. CRG is due to pull a 5star d lineman and hoping this guy is it.
His name sounds to me like a Tennessee orange Vol, sacking quarterbacks and playing for a national championship.

UT is on an uptick and Clemson seems to be on a downward trajectory……….
but anyone who honestly thinks that Clemson isn’t a better program right now, is delusional.

The truth sucks. Now…….let’s revisit this in a couple years. All should be right with the world by then

UT is on an uptick and Clemson seems to be on a downward trajectory……….
but anyone who honestly thinks that Clemson isn’t a better program right now, is delusional.

The truth sucks. Now…….let’s revisit this in a couple years. All should be right with the world by then

I watch and see what kind of nose dive Clemson takes after this season. The safety net(s) they once had are all gone and now the top dog is all alone.

Later today, Garner will head north up to Georgia to watch Vic Burley in his spring game. Burley will visit Tennessee officially next weekend in what will be a big visit to make up some ground with him. -VQ

Gonna try to slingshot our way into the front with his first OV and set the bar too high for either Clemson or UGA to overcome. My guess is they felt that if we didn't get him in for an OV now we might end up slipping too far behind to ever be able to catch up.

Didn’t make the CFP last season. Don’t know if that was part of your point.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
This guy has had Clemson on top for a very long time .. I say you keep recruiting him ..just know that he is probably going to Clemson and make sure you have plan B ... cause this one isnt going to go our way im afraid ...

VN Store

Back