'22 GA SDE Lebbeus Overton

wow. the rare 1.000 rating. What if we get the DT from Memphis this year, then this dude next year?

Do it coach Gardner.

The top recruit at Tennessee’s spring game Saturday was the Top247’s No. 1 prospect in the 2023 class Lebbeus Overton who made the trip with a couple of his Alpharetta (Ga.) Milton teammates in Jordan McDonald and Maurice Clipper Jr.

“It was pretty cool,” Overton said. “I haven’t been in a college atmosphere in awhile because of Covid, so being able to be around that atmosphere, especially sitting by the students was amazing. Them screaming and going crazy and getting to see college football in live action.”

The five-star Overton, who is also a basketball standout and terrific student, likes the direction of the Vols program.

“Watching them you can see they’re a rising program and they looked amazing all around,” he said. “They have an amazing offense and their defense I can tell they’re adding to their defense.

“I know I say a lot about a bunch of colleges but when you see a college in person it’s a different feeling.”

Overton is hoping to do more of that in the future. “I’m planning on taking some
unofficials in June,” he said.

Other offers for Overton includes Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M and USC.

- Wiltfong 247

Vols a legit player?

I don't think Tennessee was on his radar all that much before this, but I think this might have helped the Vols become more of a factor. He definitely liked what he saw, based on everything I've heard so far.

Still going to be a big-time battle and Tennessee probably has only an outside shot at landing him, if I had to handicap the odds right now. But being the first school to get him on campus this year, near the end of an extended dead period, is a nice start for the Vols. We'll see if they can build on this and become more of a contender in the coming months.

- Callahan

VN Store

Back