'19 GA S Jaylen McCollough (Tennessee signee)

main-qimg-eaebb24e4848403dd24a37fddff7b5ed

I can't grow a beard to save my life, so it's all I've got. My fiance won't let me shave it either, so its not going anywhere lol.

My job won't allow me to have facial hair, so I'm stuck with the clean shaven look. To be fair, my wife told me I look 10 years older with a beard though. I guess it's for the best.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
He would end up with more tackles, sacks, and INT's in his college career if he had ONLY PLAYED HS FOOTBALL IN TENNESSEE......oh well maybe he won't be terrible!

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
His grandma definitely had no idea who he was gonna pick. She looked shocked. Happy I think, but definitely shocked. hahahaha

SIAP

HOW WILL McCOLLOUGH FIT IN WITH THE VOLS?

While South Carolina and others were looking at McCollough to play running back, Tennessee likes the idea of the 4-star prospect to be its centerfielder on defense. The Power Springs native is a very cerebral player, compensating for lack in straight-line speed (electric timed 4.71-second 40-yard-dash) with great instincts and angle pursuits. He's a thumper and excellent at blitzing off the edge.

McCollough has really good ball-skills — a trait he’s displayed both in high school and on the 7-on-7 circuit. He’s physical and can re-route slot receivers at the line of scrimmage.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR TENNESSEE?

Tennessee continues to reload its secondary, with McCollough now the fifth verbal defensive back commit in the 2019 class.

With Micah Abernathy and Todd Kelly Jr. graduating after the season and Nigel Warrior a potential NFL Draft early entree, the Vols were looking for another safety in this class. They got one.

With McCollough on board, Tennessee hopes to round out its defensive backfield class with another true cornerback or two. Jaydon Hill, Devin Bush, Maurice Hampton and Gyassi Mattison are all options.

Finally, the Vols continue to capitalize on relationships in the Peach State. Although Georgia wasn’t a factor for McCollough, Tennessee beat out a trio of SEC contenders for the 4-star prospect, who was at one time a lean to both Alabama and South Carolina. His connections and friendships with guys like Warren Burrell, Ramel Keyton and Wanya Morris played a role here.

The Vols now have eight commits from the state of Georgia — four times as many as they have from Tennessee.
--VQ

you get Hill and Hampton to flip (or get Bush here), add crouch and Wright...i think the only other thing i might want would be another WR or DL to round out this class.
feeling really good about this class continues...........
Hampton is from Tennessee though. We don't like recruits from Tennessee playing for Tennessee

VN Store

Back