'20 GA S Doneiko Slaughter (UT SIGNEE)

247 hasn't evaluated this kid since June. Rivals recently evaluated him and he got the bump he received. When 247 looks at him again, expect a sizable bump in the ratings.

Think if you'll click the post history, you'll find that he wasn't looking for an answer.
Dropped off what he wanted to and on to new threads.

247 hasn't evaluated this kid since June. Rivals recently evaluated him and he got the bump he received. When 247 looks at him again, expect a sizable bump in the ratings.
Yeah, kid will be a high 3 star, or like a .90 4 star after 247 finally evaluates him. Will be a consensus 4 star imo

edit: but doesn't matter, kid is a monster.

BOOM.

pRKdWiK.gif

Both bring different qualities. Slaughter is a great player we want, but he's not a replacement for MM. Slaughter brings physicality and a nose for the fb. MM was about speed and potential. Would have been nice to have both.

They’re both very fast. Slaughter ran electronic 11.50 his sophomore year. MM ran a 11.05. If you’re familiar with track, the difference is a blink.

Last edited:
They’re both very fast. Slaughter ran electronic 11.50 his sophomore year. MM ran a 11.05. If you’re familiar with track, the difference is a blink.

I'm very familiar with track and a .45 difference in the 100m is a significant difference. That's about two steps which means getting smoked by a receiver if we are talking about straight line speed; however, football is not about straight line speed. I think the most important factor is the ability to change directions without slowing down significantly. If a receiver is going to run straight down the field, there are a lot of ways for a slightly slower CB or safety can adjust with sag and angles to make up the difference.

I'm a track coach. Those aren't particularly blazing times. 11.05 is pretty good, but not elite speed. Now, doing those times as sophomores is the key there. I imagine MM is easily under 11 by now.

VN Store

Back