'19 GA S Aaron Beasley (Tennessee signee)

The linebackers we seem to be the most "in" on are all ILB types. Pappoe (although he might play a star role), Trezmen Marshall, Lakia Henry, etc

Furthermore, according to VQ, JJ Petersons best position is likely ILB and Banks is likely an ILB type.

Something has to give...

I am starting to shift my thinking that maybe this kid should start out at OLB instead of RB....

The linebackers we seem to be the most "in" on are all ILB types. Pappoe (although he might play a star role), Trezmen Marshall, Lakia Henry, etc

Furthermore, according to VQ, JJ Petersons best position is likely ILB and Banks is likely an ILB type.

Something has to give...

I am starting to shift my thinking that maybe this kid should start out at OLB instead of RB....
I think Harrison and Clemons may be the OLBs. Just a guess, though.

Reactions: LittleVol
I think Harrison and Clemons may be the OLBs. Just a guess, though.
Beat me to it. They both have some wicked speed.

And I don’t think OLB is as big of a need with so many holes as ILB. That plus DJ Johnson, Taylor, and possibly JJP give them a little vision for at least one season.

I think watching then Mizzou TBs casually running through the defense almost gave CJP a stroke.

Reactions: SugarCC
Geez, and I forgot Jordan Allen, who’s only a redshirt Sophomore. I foresee Beasley in that LB/Star/Money role like Pappoe. I was hoping Warrior was gonna be playing that at an NFL level by now, but that probably means we get to get him back for one last roundup.

Beat me to it. They both have some wicked speed.

And I don’t think OLB is as big of a need with so many holes as ILB. That plus DJ Johnson, Taylor, and possibly JJP give them a little vision for at least one season.

I think watching then Mizzou TBs casually running through the defense almost gave CJP a stroke.

I think you will see JJP move inside.

You guys think JJ would be to big to move to OLB? Or maybe doesn't have the speed for OLB?
His high school coach said he could be a WR if he wanted to be. But the way it looks like they want their ILBs at over 240 you gotta think that’s his future.

And I’m gonna say Beasley’s an ILB/Star until he isn’t.

So what was it?
We need to stay away from this kid don’t want to drag his name thru the mud but he has a lot of issues ongoing that we will here about in the near future.
This is what he said. Vague, I know. Whatever happened hasn’t surfaced. There’s no reason for one of the true insiders on the board to make it up unprovoked.

Something has to give...

Pruitt would like his ILB like Bama has now. anywhere from 6'2 225 to 6'3 240 with freakish burst, good instincts, and physical.

The ILB in the 3-4 is a complete player. You have to be able to fill gaps. Cover. Run sideline to sideline, and blitz effectivley.

OLB are run stopper and pass rusher. they can drop back to throw off passing lines, but they don't need to be great cover guys.
OLB are anywhere from 6'3 240 to 6'6 270.

Reactions: T Dog
OV has been here since 08. Rarely posts and is not an attention whore. He post what he knows. Read it or ignore it but is a coach and hears things. Bama has guys pulled over with illegal guns ect and they miss a half of football. So whatever it was, more a big deal to some than this staff. Maybe they believe the kid has learned a lesson.

We need more bad dudes on the team...I didn’t see nothing...

I think there's a scale. It basically says that as the level of talent displayed in the recruiting film increases, the severity of the off the field infraction must be increased at the same pace in order for the player to not be recruited.

With Beasley, his film is fantastic, so whatever the issue was, it must not have been as severe as his film is impressive.

I think there's a scale. It basically says that as the level of talent displayed in the recruiting film increases, the severity of the off the field infraction must be increased at the same pace in order for the player to not be recruited.

With Beasley, his film is fantastic, so whatever the issue was, it must not have been as severe as his film is impressive.
Let’s just win some football games. Not saying I’m not concerned about the kids, but it is the coaches jobs to be a fatherly mentor and turn the kids into adults. Idc what they do off the field in high school.

Reactions: GoBigOrangeVols
Let’s just win some football games. Not saying I’m not concerned about the kids, but it is the coaches jobs to be a fatherly mentor and turn the kids into adults. Idc what they do off the field in high school.

it is a privilege to represent the university of tennessee. being a decent athlete should be the absolute minimum requirement.

VN Store

Back