'21 GA RB Keyon Brooks (Vanderbilt Transfer)

We are missing what was expected to be our top 3 RBs this year with Gray, Chandler, and Brown gone. I don't think it would be wise to trust Small and Evans to be our backfield for the year. Not sure what a numbers look like, but we need a RB.

I think he's trying to go to Tennessee, because outside of the first play in his highlights, everything was against Us.
Tbf that was a very poorly put together highlight video and it was his freshman year. He performed very well this past season.

Reactions: VolInDayton
Wasn't Bennett that got caught with weed and a pistol. Could have another but someone got caught and was kicked off team.
Yes that was him this past season. He was also our best pass rusher. That was a big loss in production. DeAndre Johnson had those sacks in the first couple of games and then kind of disappeared except for boneheaded penalties.

Reactions: T Dog
My sons youth football team Running Back could have been the best player on Vandy’s team. It’s not saying much by stating he was Vandy best player.

Not sure we're in any position to take shots at our Rivals talent. Last 2 drafts they have had more players drafted than us..Just saying.. Based off results he would immediately be our most productive RB. Vandy also had k. Vaugn drafted in the early rounds last year. I hate Vandy, but we can't talk much trash about them.

I’m not limited by RETURNING. We have better backs on the roster.

Nobody knows that yet, we haven't seen the majority of them even play. Talent and potential, absolutely we have the better players, but none of us know what we have until they hit the field.

Yes that was him this past season. He was also our best pass rusher. That was a big loss in production. DeAndre Johnson had those sacks in the first couple of games and then kind of disappeared except for boneheaded penalties.
Seems like this new staff is all about them staying together even after practice, maybe this will prevent them from mucking up. Keep em busy and little time for anything thats not productive to them as young men.

Nobody knows that yet, we haven't seen the majority of them even play. Talent and potential, absolutely we have the better players, but none of us know what we have until they hit the field.
Betting the best one has more than 500 yards in them. Heupel’s offenses generally get more than that from multiple backs.

We are missing what was expected to be our top 3 RBs this year with Gray, Chandler, and Brown gone. I don't think it would be wise to trust Small and Evans to be our backfield for the year. Not sure what a numbers look like, but we need a RB.

I think he's trying to go to Tennessee, because outside of the first play in his highlights, everything was against Us.

I’d argue no one expected chandler to be a big part of our backfield and that most did expect Evans to be a bigger part than Brown or Chandler.

And no we need DBs and LBs

Reactions: butchna
I’d argue no one expected chandler to be a big part of our backfield and that most did expect Evans to be a bigger part than Brown or Chandler.

And no we need DBs and LBs
I have high hopes for Evans. Chandler is obviously going to be missed with Gray gone. Brown would have been used situationally which I think would have made him more important than Small.

We need DBs and LBs, I just don't feel confident that a Small and a Juco RB will carry us through a full 12 game season. I know we have Wright (I think he should redshirt) and Beckwith (no real RB experience and I think he would be great at more of a hybrid TE/RB role).

I have high hopes for Evans. Chandler is obviously going to be missed with Gray gone. Brown would have been used situationally which I think would have made him more important than Small.

We need DBs and LBs, I just don't feel confident that a Small and a Juco RB will carry us through a full 12 game season. I know we have Wright (I think he should redshirt) and Beckwith (no real RB experience and I think he would be great at more of a hybrid TE/RB role).
Wright effectively redshirted his last season. He’s denser without loss of speed. Perfect back for this offense.

Not sure we're in any position to take shots at our Rivals talent. Last 2 drafts they have had more players drafted than us..Just saying.. Based off results he would immediately be our most productive RB. Vandy also had k. Vaugn drafted in the early rounds last year. I hate Vandy, but we can't talk much trash about them.
How the running back in my sons team lol.

Jaylen Wright

Reactions: SugarCC
Beckwith, Tee Hodges.
I forgot about Tee Hodge. There is also the Whitehead.

The coaches area going to have to look at the roster and try to see if they believe in the current running back room. It's hard to know due to the lack of playing time between the 5 or so players in the room. This Vandy transfer has more production than our whole RB room combined

I forgot about Tee Hodge. There is also the Whitehead.

The coaches area going to have to look at the roster and try to see if they believe in the current running back room. It's hard to know due to the lack of playing time between the 5 or so players in the room. This Vandy transfer has more production than our whole RB room combined
Because he PLAYED...out of necessity! Guarantano had more production than their whole QB room...why didn’t they make a play for him?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
That's questionable to say the least. We can't afford to turn down talent in the shape we're in.
We can choose which talent we need more. We have 5 spots (possibly). We need OL, DBs and LBs. This isn’t exactly a sure fire phenom here. 500 yards as the only RB option doesn’t scream Jamal Lewis.

VN Store

Back