'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

Very disappointing. Has a skill set unlike the other rbs on the roster. Can’t afford to lose bodies at this position. Hope he decides to stay. Was looking forward to him working his way into the starting lineup.

If you check back through my posting history on all sites, it is easy to see I get excited about BIG backs. I was all in on Jamal Lewis from the time I saw some GA all star game and loved his time here. I had great hopes for Beckwith and jumped on his bandwagon but it did not work out. I was extremely hopeful for this guy too, but guessing he took his own view of the room and thinks his best interest is to move on. So I am now moving on to Seldon as a potential big guy, regardless of position, to hang my hopes on in that space. He is just way more versatile I THINK.

If you check back through my posting history on all sites, it is easy to see I get excited about BIG backs. I was all in on Jamal Lewis from the time I saw some GA all star game and loved his time here. I had great hopes for Beckwith and jumped on his bandwagon but it did not work out. I was extremely hopeful for this guy too, but guessing he took his own view of the room and thinks his best interest is to move on. So I am now moving on to Seldon as a potential big guy, regardless of position, to hang my hopes on in that space. He is just way more versatile I THINK.

Keith will be that guy.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Seldon is waaaaay more versatile. I'll be curious to see how/where they line him up.

Where in that post did I say anything about recruiting ratings?
You didn’t but that’s pretty much the only thing you could have used to think he had potential, maybe highlights from HS but those are fool’s gold. There were never any positive reports from camp

You didn’t but that’s pretty much the only thing you could have used to think he had potential, maybe highlights from HS but those are fool’s gold. There were never any positive reports from camp
Disagree with this entirely. Sounds more like a “didn’t want him anyways” post than reality. Coaches wouldn’t have taken him if that were the case. Fact is he has measurables and attributes different from our current RBs, and I believe with time and development he could have carved out a role for himself.

So, hope he doesn’t give up on himself here that easily. If Jabari small is injured (which he is a lot), who has a better chance of being a short yardage play than him out of our rbs? Nobody. It was Fant this year by necessity and he’s gone. If I were him I’d stay and make it a point to add strength and become the best pass blocker of the 4 and I think he’d work himself into a significant role in our offense. But hey what do I know, just a fan after all.

Disagree with this entirely. Sounds more like a “didn’t want him anyways” post than reality. Coaches wouldn’t have taken him if that were the case. Fact is he has measurables and attributes different from our current RBs, and I believe with time and development he could have carved out a role for himself.

So, hope he doesn’t give up on himself here that easily. If Jabari small is injured (which he is a lot), who has a better chance of being a short yardage play than him out of our rbs? Nobody. It was Fant this year by necessity and he’s gone. If I were him I’d stay and make it a point to add strength and become the best pass blocker of the 4 and I think he’d work himself into a significant role in our offense. But hey what do I know, just a fan after all.
He definitely had measurables and they wanted him. I’m not saying didn’t want him. I had high hopes and I still wish him the best. But every evaluation doesn’t work out and you never know how players will handle the next level in terms of increase in speed, power, skill and the work required.

Evans was always a 1 year flyer. Who did we go and spend money on after? Low risk and proven commodity. They thought coming in they were going to be competitive or wouldn’t have wasted time meeting.

We spent money on Tillman and Hooker to bring them back. NIL isn’t just to recruit players from outside the team.

We spent money on Tillman and Hooker to bring them back. NIL isn’t just to recruit players from outside the team.
Tbh, it’s suppose to only be for current players. And with the portal I’m thinking it’s more important to pay your own players first

Said it was laughable...or, something along the line.

Glad we saved our money. Kid had a decent season; production was nowhere near what he was probably asking, though...just guessing.
I’m assuming ole missed payed 1st team money for what ended up being 2nd team back to a freshman.
Looks like our coaches have a better eye for value than Kiffen.

Reactions: therickbol
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he gives Auburn another look since they came in second for him. Also, he already has a relationship with Cadillac Williams.

Will get a good education and Shaw really lowered the talent of that roster over the years so he’ll be able to compete for snaps right away.

Wish he would have toughed it out here but Stanford is an easy place to root for him.
This kid is really smart from info posted and I think he was looking at being a doctor. Great for him and that education will go far for him past football.

Will get a good education and Shaw really lowered the talent of that roster over the years so he’ll be able to compete for snaps right away.

Wish he would have toughed it out here but Stanford is an easy place to root for him.

Are we sure this is him “not toughing it out”? Feel like what I have read over the past few weeks is that staff wasn’t very high on him and he wasn’t as advertised in practice so they just kind of let him go without much of a fight. Maybe staff told him to find a new home. Who knows.

Reactions: KptVFL
Shaw really lowered the talent of that roster over the years.

thats not really the truth. Shaw been hanging on by a thread, its why he was so willing to walk away
stanford has Not adjusted to the current landscape of college football and likely will not.

they are not able to just take portal transfers due to their standards. so when their guys leave, they are unable to replace them.
a lot of kids get there and realize stanford does NO favors for their athletic department. its one of the reasons they have a boatload of talent leaving every year.

good luck to Justin, this move also shows his priorities are not necessarily football which isnt a bad thing when you have a britght future outside of this meat market

Honestly I feel Stanford is a very good fit for him from an offensive scheme standpoint and education. He's a very smart kid. If not here, I'm completely happy for him going there.

Reactions: CABVOL and drylo

How did this guy not work out at UT? Baffling.

VN Store

Back