'20 GA RB/CB Ebony Jackson

Pruitt was at Keyton's game last fall for a scheduled contact evaluation. Those are arranged in advance so the coaches can talk to recruits and their families. So Pruitt immediately went to Keyton after his injury and was allowed to do so.

Chaney was at Jackson's game on a non-contact evaluation, which does not allow coaches to talk to recruits or their families without violating the bump rule. Coaches sit in the stands and watch, then call or text the recruit afterward. UT coaches go over all this with commits, so Jackson, his family and his HS coach know why UT followed up with him afterward, instead of approaching him at his game. If he wanted to decommit because he's loving all those offers he's getting, he could have done that without trying to make UT look bad.

So pretty much he starts to get noticed more after he commits to us....offers start rolling in....he decommits....and instead of just saying that's the reason he comes up with this excuse to make UT look like they dropped the ball?

Eh....I would drop this kid completely...onto the next.

Pruitt was at Keyton's game last fall for a scheduled contact evaluation. Those are arranged in advance so the coaches can talk to recruits and their families. So Pruitt immediately went to Keyton after his injury and was allowed to do so.

Chaney was at Jackson's game on a non-contact evaluation, which does not allow coaches to talk to recruits or their families without violating the bump rule. Coaches sit in the stands and watch, then call or text the recruit afterward. UT coaches go over all this with commits, so Jackson, his family and his HS coach know why UT followed up with him afterward, instead of approaching him at his game. If he wanted to decommit because he's loving all those offers he's getting, he could have done that without trying to make UT look bad.
I think the decomit was mostly the parents(father) urging him to do so. He still has Tennessee at the top of the list but wants to take some more trips. It isn't over until its over. A lot of water will go over the dam before signing date. Tennessee has to determine how badly they want him.

I think the decomit was mostly the parents(father) urging him to do so. He still has Tennessee at the top of the list but wants to take some more trips. It isn't over until its over. A lot of water will go over the dam before signing date. Tennessee has to determine how badly they want him.

Nobody's upset he decommitted. UT took his commitment when others weren't even offering, but still, he has a right to explore other options. But making it seem like UT treated him badly is a different issue. He said UT coaches left his game right after he got hurt without checking on him, flat-out accusing UT of not caring about him when he knew communication was prohibited. Chaney left after his injury because he came to evaluate Jackson and there was nothing more to evaluate. Then UT followed up, per NCAA rules.

So the kid decides to decommit and have some fun taking visits, now that he actually has schools inviting him... while making it seem like UT's fault. That's extremely uncool. I hope this one is over now. He's exactly what UT doesn't need.

Nobody's upset he decommitted. UT took his commitment when others weren't even offering, but still, he has a right to explore other options. But making it seem like UT treated him badly is a different issue. He said UT coaches left his game right after he got hurt without checking on him, flat-out accusing UT of not caring about him when he knew communication was prohibited. Chaney left after his injury because he came to evaluate Jackson and there was nothing more to evaluate. Then UT followed up, per NCAA rules.

So the kid decides to decommit and have some fun taking visits, now that he actually has schools inviting him... while making it seem like UT's fault. That's extremely uncool. I hope this one is over now. He's exactly what UT doesn't need.
I liked this kid in the beginning. I hope he definitely doesn't get any attention from our coaches now.

Last edited:

If you recall, I posted that He had a lg of baggage when it was first nnounced that Tennessee was offering. The fact is he still has a lot of baggage, but his HS coaches are trying to correct some of those problems. It is up to the player and his family if they are successful. Whwere ever he plays college football. that school takes the risk. If he goes to a school like Alabama where he is one of many very talented players, that school cn esaily put him under the rug and forget about him. Their success does not depend on him to carry the team. A school where he is their best one or two backs takes a much greater risk if he does not make the grade. I don't think we are yet at the point where making a mistake on their one or two recruits at any position is OK. I think he will have an all State type season the Fall. He is one of the best athletes in the South. That does not mean he will not have problems where ever he plays. He is a big gamble. More than one team will be ready to take that gamble.

Is there any doubt he dumps us as soon as he gets a “better” offer? Why waste a spot on a kid that dumps you as soon as someone else comes along? Let him enjoy the lovely weather in Maryland.
He already did.

Personally I think this was a good thing. He was probably a talented player but we have 3 RBs in the state that are better players. That and plus the staff can hopefully land a player like Tank and Jacksons replacement is simply the RB2

Reactions: vol4092

VN Store

Back