'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Can you imagine how difficult it would be to grow up a Tennessee fan, dreaming of playing for the Vols, and instead choosing Missouri and having to drive thru Knoxville and pass right by Neyland Stadium to get to Columbia, MO, another 6+ hours away? Especially with a new staff that clearly wants you in Knoxville? I have to think that his heart will come into play as his decision nears, and he likely owes it to himself to slow things down a bit and give this staff a chance if his affinity for Tennessee is really as strong as he indicates. Heupel and Co. can't be responsible for Pruitt's failures.
As I was saying...🙄😔

So you’re blaming the fans as the reason he split. It’s ridiculous a school in our position wouldn’t recruits BOTH QBs and say the spot goes to the first one to pull the trigger. So that’s on Pruitt/Chaney/Weinke. Maybe Ty’s dad was going to join the staff after all.

If Horn was a VFL like he claimed, he would come here regardless of what the previous staff did. Heupel and company have motivation to beat the piss out of Mizz to tell him what he’s missing.

I want 70 guys that bleed orange, not 85 guys that cry when they don’t get their way.

Nope. I’m blaming the previous staffs Incompetence for the reason he went to Mizzou. I’m blaming the comments by people who thought he would be our backup plan for the timing. You know as well as I do that it’s not normal for top 150 kids to commit at 800 PM on a Sunday night. The kid didn’t appreciate the slow play by the previous staff or the fans assuming he would be ours since we didn’t get Batchelor Number 1.

With our schedule, that isn’t going to move needle much. Probably take 10-2 with a win over UGA or UF to turn heads.
There’s a better chance that Vandy wins 5 games in 5 days to win the SEC basketball tournament, then gets in the NCAA tournament and wins it all, than there is that UT wins 10 football games this year.

Haha, do we really expect people that have a promising career and want to play for Division, SEC, and NCAA championships to come here right now? Literally no one knows the punishment that will happen to our program. Why do you think these kids will jump on board with so much uncertainty. We better hope the staff can develop the guys we have on the team and pray for a quick decision by the NCAA.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
The fact he did it right after Ty Simpson...lmao
Yeah, and that's my biggest head-scratcher with the whole thing. It's hard to look at the timing of this and not think it's a big FU to Tennessee from Horn for not pressing for him earlier.

Why is being a Tennessee fan so hard? This must be what the Israelites felt like roaming in the desert for 40 years eating manna.

Reactions: Lt. Nordberg
With our schedule, that isn’t going to move needle much. Probably take 10-2 with a win over UGA or UF to turn heads.

That’s absolutely false. Dooley had a lot of buzz around the program by beating 4 bottom feeders at the end of 2010. We were actually a program people were hyping until Hunters knee gave out. If we went 6-6 this year with good QB play by either Bailey/ Maurer or Salter it would definitely move the needle.

I hate Fulmer even more with each passing day. As we continue this death spiral, one day it won’t even matter what he did for us anymore. A NC isn’t worth 30+ years of awful.

Completely agree. I was hyped when Fulmer took over as AD. I honestly laughed at the people on here that were saying he was bad for us then. Turns out I was the idiot. I hope Fulmer is never allowed into any TN athletic facilities ever again.

Yeah, and that's my biggest head-scratcher with the whole thing. It's hard to look at the timing of this and not think it's a big FU to Tennessee from Horn for not pressing for him earlier.

Why is being a Tennessee fan so hard? This must be what the Israelites felt like roaming in the desert for 40 years eating manna.
I’m sure they would have rather had a mediocre football program. 😅

Last edited:
Pruitt didn’t screw him. He had Ty Simpson, number one QB on their board, locked up. You can say a lot about Pruitt, but he had the quarterback he wanted.

Pruitt was never going to keep his job long enough to get Simpson to sign. He was either getting fired after 2020 for cheating (and being a sucky coach) or after 2021 for sucking as a coach...

Reactions: De La Cloobs

VN Store

Back